Thursday, September 2, 2004

Feeling Icky and Wanting a Change...

I really don't feel well this morning.  I'm feeling very icky.  Icky is a good word to discribe the way I feel I think... I won't go into detail, but anyone that has had morning sickness can probably relate.

I was hoping this morning sickness junk would be slowing down or not coming every morning... But no... Every morning this week has been horrible.  I know it is all for a good cause, but it sure can wear someone down.  Ya know?  I don't really recall when I stopped having morning sickness with Princess Rowan... But I'm pretty sure it was somewhere around 16-18 weeks... Hmph.  I guess I got a few more weeks (2-4) before I can start feeling better... Hopefully it will be sooner than later, huh?

So, I mentioned that I wanted a change in my title.  About every other month, I go through this thing that I want to do something different with my hair.  I've been blonde all my life... be it natural, and then later with highlights... So, I really haven't ever been anything but blonde.  I have chopped my hair... Really short too (well, for me it was). 

In Junior High and High School my hair was down to the middle of my back... All the way until after I had Rowan it was like that.  I never knew anything different.  While I was pregnant with Rowan, I wanted to chop my hair off pretty badly... But my hair lady was against it.  She didn't want me to do anything while I was pregnant, fearing that it was caused by me being pregnant and going through that "I'm going to have a kid, now I need to chop my hair" stage.  Maybe she was right... I was actually kind of glad she convinced me not to.

But then, when Rowan was about 4 months old... My hair went from the middle of my back to my shoulders.  And by the time Rowan was 8 or 9 months old... It was at my chin!  For someone who was always able to pull their hair up at any given moment... It was sure different. 

I've also added more blonde... brown... even red highlights over the last few years.  But recently, I've been wanting to go dark.  My hair is naturally getting darker... And I've mentioned to my hair lady that I would like to try something different... Dark...  She said that I could probably get away with it... And then the other day I saw a picture of Reese Witherspoon's hair and fell in love with it!

 So, what do you all think about this??  I'm still not sure if I could actually be anything than blonde... But geeze, it is such a rich pretty color.  And I figure, with my blue eyes, I could maybe pull it off??

Who knows.  I go tomorrow morning at 830am.  I'm going to take the picture along with me and see what my hair lady says.  I know it is drastic... I've always been the "perfect California girl" with blonde hair and blue eyes...  And the hubby loves the blonde hair... But I could really use something different.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Well... I need to go and get some stuff done.  I'll definetly update tomorrow... After our Fantasy Football draft :)

Hope all have a great day... TTFN

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say try the color, but don't have them use permanent color, so if you don't like it , you can have it stripped and colored to blonde again!

Hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

OH! I love R.AW's transformation! She looks stunning with that color!
I say "GO FOR IT"!  I have always thought that dark hair and blue eyes were gorgeous!
I hope the morning sickness passes soon! Everybody is different, i had tons of morning sickness when i was pregnant with both my boys. It was awful! Then with carly i had hardly any at all!
Hugs,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

dear jennifer~

thank-you so much for your interest and comment in Ticket. ((congratulations!)) i'm sorry for the mornings though, arrugg!

i love the name Rowan and thank-you to your husband for the work he does.

feel better soon and thankx again!

barb~

ps, i love your choice in color. go for it, hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting in my journal.  I've enjoyed reading yours and will be back!  Hope the morning sickness gets better and soon~

Anonymous said...

What have you got to lose?  I think darker hair looks nice!!  Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to do the same thing with my hair.  After a while blonde gets boring.  Time to liven things up!  GO FOR IT!!!!

http://journals.aol.com/cameronsmom0376/LifesImpossibilities

Anonymous said...

I think the dark would be good. You could pull it off.

It's "American Beauty" to be dark hair with blue eyes.

I think you are prettier than Reese Witherspoon anyway!

~heather

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE Reese's new brunette locks!  I read all the "rag magazines" and I think she looks so much more beautiful with that dark hair.  And to see you in that rich sable brown hair, you would be GORGEOUS!  Just remember though, you ARE pregnant, and we all do serious things to our hair when we are pregnant or within the first year after giving birth.  I cut my hair short after each of my children were born and even went back to my "natural" brown just recently.  It was fun for a little bit, but then I wanted my red back.  Remember though, once you go brown, you have to get your entire head bleached back to blonde if you want to go to a lighter color.  Long process, but heck, if you plan on going back after the baby is born and it means more time to yourself, then I say GO FOR IT!  
Hugs and love, Lisa