Monday, September 20, 2004

Its Over.... An Update...

So, the bridal shower is over... I'm still alive... And here is an update...

I started stressing Saturday morning when I woke up to the sky being clouded over and the wind blowing.  I couldn't believe it.  The weather had been predicted to be about 15 degrees cooler than normal (75 instead of 90) but no cloud cover and definetly no breeze!!

The wind was going pretty strong too... Which made me very nervous, especially because I had rented the stupid table cloths (and didn't want them flying away) and for the fact that I planned on having bunches of candels lit. 

The hubby was great though.  He told me not to worry and proceeded to hang white lights along the fence.  What a great guy... All his idea and had even picked up the lights while working the night before... Can you imagine this guy walking into Walmart at 12am in full patrol gear and then picking up 7 boxes of Christmas lights... TOO FUNNY.

I didn't make it to Mervyn's to pick something out anything to wear (as I mentioned in my last entry)... So, I just pulled a tank-top sweater set and black pant combo out of the closet... But I did make it to Old Tyme Pastries to pick up the cupcakes... Um, yeah, the cupcakes that no one ate!!!.... Anywho... That was a 45min errand in it self.

Okay, I'm going to stop complaining and tell you that the bridal shower was really nice... The backyard looked beautiful and I just had wished that the weather had been nicer.  I will be putting some pictures up as soon as I get the chance to put them on the computer at home.

The food was good... Even though we made too many meatballs and that a whole lasagna didn't get touched... The salad and the bruschetta were a hit... I've never had so many compliments on my bruschetta before!

My friend got some really great gifts... Mostly stuff that was on her registry but a few that weren't.  She even got an hour massage!!!  How exciting is that!  Unfortunetly, I wasn't able to get her anything because of being so busy, but I'm planning on it... Her mom even got her a Dooney and Bourke purse... Too Cute!!  I'm very jealous (okay, I have two, but would love others!!!)

There were a few ladies that came that would have made the shower a whole lot better if they hadn't attended.  LOL.  I swear, I hate to be judged and it makes me very angry when I find out that I have been.  One of the groom's cousins was a complete "witch" and couldn't get over the fact that I had this nice house, nice backyard and was able to put together this nice party for only being 23 (in May!).  She just kept saying that she couldn't understand how I afforded all this stuff and kept asking what my husband did (so, he is a cop, they make pretty good money) and that we were so young!!!

UGH.  People shouldn't judge like that... Yes, we can afford a nice home, car and pool, but that doesn't mean we don't have to pay for them (which we do) and that sometimes, we have problems, like most middle-class people.  We both work (yes, he gets more than I... but I do contribute)... We make ends meet... We survive... That is all that matters and that "witch" doesn't need to know how we do it!!!

Okay, enough ranting and raving... I would have to say that the party was a hit and that I hope my friend enjoyed herself.  Now, all we have to wait for is October 9th for the bachelorette party... WOO HOO... Now that will be some good fun!!! (think stripper in fireman suit)

Well, I've gotta be going now... Got plenty to do since I wasn't at work on both Thursday and Friday!  Hope all had a great weekend and have a great week!  TTFN

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl...you know how i am about firemen....oh la la...can i come?? :)
i would have told that lady to mind her own bees wax...i can't stand someone that meddles...i am glad that the party over all was a success, i can't wait to see the pictures!
hugs,
kathi

Anonymous said...

Sissy...like Dad said you were a good friend for giving the party. As for me, I just wish I was there to help you deal with the "witch". You know how I love "witches". LOL! I am sure N and the rest did have fun and appreciated all that was done.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Why is there a "witch" at every function?? I can't believe that she was so bold to ask you those questions.

Glad overall is was a success!!

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have your very own "stripper policeman" at home don't you?!?  Who needs a fireman!  LOL!  There is always gonna be someone like that "witch" at every party you throw, especially if it is at your home.  Envy can be a wicked thing, I should know, I am still trying hard to curb mine.  But, there is no reason you should justify why you have the things you do.  You have earned them all and should enjoy every bit of them!!!  Glad the weather held out for you!!  Can't wait to see pics!
Hugs and love, Lisa