Sunday, September 26, 2004

Nothing New and Fish Tales

Happy Fall to all... I know, I know, I'm a little late... But hey, here in the Central Valley (CA), it doesn't start to act like fall until really late in September or sometimes not even until mid-October.  Yes, a real bummer deal.  I found this cute graphic at Pats Graphics.  Some really neat stuff and  you don't have to pay for them... You just copy and save them to your computer!  But, being the good girl that I am... I thought I'd acknowledge where I got them...

This weekend has been pretty boring... We haven't done much, which sometimes can be really nice.  Oh, I did have to take my car in on Friday to get it tuned up... Ugh, that can be expensive, but I know it could have been a whole lot worse than $109.  But still...

Miss Rowan is adjusting nicely to having her ears pierced.  She is very proud of them.  She instisted on showing them off to everyone, including a car salesman at the local dealership where I take my car and where we were browsing.  She is too funny.  She calls the earrings her 'pretties'... Too cute.  She has even taken to cleaning her ears (as well as a two year old can) every once in a while in the day.  It is really too funny... Because she misses her earring and practically cleans her whole outer ear.  HAHA.

The funny girl also thought it would be nice to help mom feed her goldfish that she has in her bathroom.  Um, yeah... Not a great idea.  She calls me into the bathroom and shows me the tank... And I can barely make out the fish because all of the fish food from one container is floating around in the tank!!!  There was so much food in the tank that it jammed up the filter!  So, yeah, I quickly took the fish out (as well as I could with the littlest fish food) and started cleaning away.  I swear, it took me a good 10 minutes to make sure all the food was gone and that the water was okay.  Luckily the filter started up again and now all I am hoping is that the fish doesn't die. because she likes "Nemo".  ::crossing fingers::

It has been so warm here... I'm just waiting for it to stop being so warm and finally cool down.  I want it to be 60 and 70 degrees outside instead of hot stinky 90's!! UGH.  I almost want to take a trip into the city (San Fran) to get away from the heat... Blah.  Oh well, supposedly the weather man has said that this week will be in the low 80's... Hmm, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Oh well... I've done enough rambling.  I'm going to go attempt to make some dinner... Gotta find something to make first (hehe).  Hope all had a great weekend and have an even better week... TTFN

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE LUCKY THAT ROWAN IS HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME WITH HER "PRETTIES"...MOST KIDS THAT YOUNG DON'T!
I AM READY FOR THE COOL FALL WEATHER TOO...WE HAVEN'T SEEN ANY YET IN SC EITHER!
HUGS,
KATHI

Anonymous said...

(((Good Vibes 4 Nemo))) You can make it dude :)

My kids did this to our angel fish a couple years ago...they weren't so lucky :(  

Happy Fall to you too! You would love the weather here in ohio, 70's during the day mid 50's at night. PERFECT weather in my opinion.
Hugs,
~Angel
http://journals.aol.com/angeleyez1970/TheSimplePleasuresOfLife/


Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new graphic site!  I am always trying to find new ones but it takes FOREVER to weed through the pay sites!  Emma did the same thing with our fish tank the other day.  I didn't even realize it until I heard the filter making a funny noise so I lifted up the filter cartridge and all this food went flying into the tank!  I was like what the heck?!?!  Todd came in and said "oh, forgot to tell you, Emma fed the fish today.".  Gee, thanks honey!  Hee-hee!  They are always into something aren't they?!!  Just so you know, it's hot here too, it's 80 degrees when it should be in the 60's!  I want the cold weather!!!!  WAAAHHHHH!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Nemo! That is cute. I hope it turns out ok...

Thanks for the graphic site. I am always looking for some new ones.

~Heather