Wednesday, September 22, 2004

It is All Lisa's Fault...

Okay, Lisa mentioned taking a Quiz in her journal, so I thought I'd see what it was all about and then post what I got.  If you'd like to check it out... Head over to >>Here<<

The Quiz is based on this: This test assumes you have been in at least one long term relationship -- met the parents, had some fights and all that. If you haven't, then you may have to use your imagination -- for questions asking you about how you get along with a significant other's parents, think of how you get along with your bosses or teachers.

Well, after about ten minutes of trying to get the test done (busy site I suppose), these were my test results:

You are a XPYG--Expressive Practical Physical Giver. This makes you a Roving Spouse.

You are magnetic, charming, and impossible to resist. You have no problem with approaching your target sex -- it just comes naturally to you, and the thrill of warming up a stranger is one of your great drives. Still, very few people really know you. You don't just *feel* misunderstood -- you are. You are probably nursing a heartache that you never let on.

(don't know about this... I can approach the opposite sex very easily, but not in the sexual manor that I think they are talking about... But I can see being misunderstood by some people... but I am not nursing a heartache)

You're calm in a conflict (almost *too* calm -- a more emotional partner may wonder why you're not more engaged) and quick with affection. Fighting makes you uncomfortable, but as you avoid direct conflict your frustrations can manifest in the cold shoulder and passive-aggression, which is no better! Still, you make a loving, doting parent -- giving more love than discipline -- and your children prefer you.

(Um, I'm sooo not calm in conflict... I would have to say that I'm probably the first one to raise my voice, depending on the matter.  I would say thatI don't like to face the conflict, but I won't turn in the other direction of it.  And yes, I am a loving and doting parent and would rather give more love than discipline... I hate to see Rowan cry!)

Like an XSYG, you put so much thought and effort in what you give to your partner that you feel dismissed and unappreciated if you don't get the same in return. You also give and think so much that you can also talk yourself into cheating -- physically or emotionally -- and this can lead a cycle of conflict, guilt, conflict-avoidance, chilly atmosphere and then more cheating. But you'll stay with your partner in the long run from guilt and a desire to please.

(Okay... this is a yes and no one.  Yes, I give much thought to what I give my partner or family as a present and do feel let down if I don't get something that means something from the other person.  But no, no cheating for me... No matter what!!!  I'll be with my partner forever, but not from guilt!)

You've got to open up! You express and give so much of yourself in other ways -- don't be afraid to express what's bothering you.

(I have no problem expressing myself... Haha... The Irish in me comes out very often!)

I'm only being so hard on you because you remind me of me.

(I like this quote... Hmm.... Sounds like something my mom would say... love you Mom)

Of the 99565 people who have taken this quiz, 10.7 % are this type.

Now you go and try this Quiz out... Send a link to let me know if you've done it!  Have fun... TTFN



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Quiz!! Here's my link! Thanks for sharing :)
Hugs,
~Angel
http://journals.aol.com/angeleyez1970/TheSimplePleasuresOfLife/entries/1057

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I may not know you very well, but these results sound WAY off don't they for you?!?!  Take it again and see what happens.  Hee-hee!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Took the quiz and so did hubby.
http://journals.aol.com/cameronsmom0376/LifesImpossibilities