Wednesday, September 1, 2004

Just A Quick Note...

We are thinking about getting a new puppy... Or doggie....

The hubby has been mentioning it a lot lately... And it came up again yesterday.  At first he had been mentioning getting another Rotty, like our Lola Dog.  

Then he mentioned something about getting a lab... Be it black, yellow or chocolate.  I'd love to have either one... But a chocolate one would be so pretty.

But, the other day, he mentions something about a dog at the training center that the owner is pondering about.  I guess if the dog doesn't succeed in what she is training to do, she might be up for sale.

This is a picture of her... Its not great, but gives you the idea....

I guess she is 12months old... Is supposedly being trained for dope/drug work... But if she doesn't succeed... We might be bringing her home.  The only probably with her is that she is already 12months old and has an extremely HIGH play drive (which is what is wanted with drug dogs).  So, basically, she has no obedince.  Hmmph.

I'd rather start out with a puppy... But I'd happily bring in this dog if she needed a home.

So, are we crazy?  Do we want another dog?  Which would techincally (sp?) be our third?  We have the Lola dog and Hubby's Tango (who is kenneled most of the time)... Could we survive with a 3rd?? 

Ugh, I think we are crazy... But who can pass up a cute little face??

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been a sucker for animals! AEspecially dogs and cats. Your Lola looks just like my old rotty, sassy. Had to give sassy to step daughter when i got pregnant with carly though, she started having false labors. Anyhoo, if you want my opinion, you already have 2 how much trouble could a third really be? And if she needs a home, that just makes it that much more special :)

Hugs,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Hey, why not!!  Add to the zoo and make it even crazier!  I feel that once you already have 2 dogs, you might as well just keep on going, it's already nuts at the house by then!!!  And, I am a sucker for rescue dogs myself, that's why I stay away from the shelters!  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I SAY THAT YOU SHOULD GET THE DOG IF YOU ARE ABLE TO SHOW IT THE ATTENTION IT NEEDS AND DESERVES...IM SURE THAT THE LIL PRINCESS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ANOTHER PLAYMATE! :)

HUGS,
KATHI

Anonymous said...

I want a puppy or a doggie too but I can't get one cause I live in an apartment. I was at Kathi's journal and saw your journal there so I decided to check it out. I will be back.
Kathy