Wednesday, September 22, 2004

So, its Wednesday...

Thank you Lisa for sending me this cute little blinkie... Also from Pinky Blinkies.

Okay, so I think I might be getting the hang of these blinkies.  If anyone sees a problem with the way I have done something, please let me know, I don't want to do anything illegal!!!  Can't be doing stuff like that when you are married to a cop ;)

So, yesterday was supposed to be a girls night.  It didn't really happen like that.  My friend Amy ended up having to have dinner with her family due to her brother's birthday (darn him)... And my other friend ended up having to do some research at the college library... So, neither one of them made it over for dinner.  But my other friend made it in time to watch "One Tree Hill", which by the way, was pretty good.

The hubby had a request for dinner last night, Meatball Sandwiches and salad.  So, that is what we had.  Pretty yummy too, if I might say so myself.  Even Miss Rowan had a few meatballs... But they had to have tons and tons of cheese on them.  That kid LOVES cheese.

Tonight we are making Baked Potato Soup, similar to the soup that Tony Romas makes.  Hubby enjoys that a lot and since it has been cooler in the evenings, I thought it would be a good treat.  So, soup and steak will be on our menu tonight.  I actually can't wait to go home and start cooking!  LOL.  I've been craving soup lately, so, hopefully this will help out a little.  If not, I picked up 4 cans of New England Clam Chowder last night at the grocery store!  Haha.

So, this morning I busted out my maternity overalls!  Haha.  I've been wearing all my "fat" jeans (the ones that actually were too large until now, due to my previous weight loss) and a few pairs of maternity jeans... But because of my laziness I had nothing else clean (I would never make it as a SAHM) so I busted out my overalls.  I forgot how comfy they are... and why they are the pregnant girls bestfriend!  LOL.

The hubby and I (along with my Mom/the YaYa) have been trying to break The Princess of her paci habit.  Well, it has been about 5 days now that she hasn't had one at either nap time or bedtime.  We are very excited.  But now, we are trying to get her to sleep in her own bed... Yes, we are a co-sleeper family!!  And have been since Rowan was 5 months old.  It is/was just easier for me when she was younger to have her in bed and because the hubby works nights, it didn't really matter.  But now that she is so big and because I'm preggo, we need to get her out of our Queen sized bed ;)

Well, last night, we actually got Rowan to watch "Wizard of Oz" in her room, but sleeping in it was out of the question!!  She actually got so worked up that she was choking and basically hyperventilating... And because it was so late (1030pm) and I was so tired, I relented and let her come to bed with me.  In five minutes she was out like a light.  I guess we'll just have to try again tonight and make it a little bit earlier in the evening when she goes to bed!  That way, if she fights it, I can still get some sleep!

Well, I have a huge stack of payables to enter and some other stuff to do... I hope all have a great Wednesday!  TTFN

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT BLINKIE....I HAVE ONE SIMILAR THAT HAS A BLONDE WITH A GUN SAYING IM BLONDE, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT! :) I HOPE THAT ROWAN WILL GET USE TO SLEEPING IN HER BED SOON!

HUGS,
KATHI

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were prego!!  CONGRATS!!  You must be due around winter time....  I used to sleep with Sam in the bed, I breast fed for a while and it IS easier.  Still would but he thinks it's play time now.  So, it's been the crib for him since about 6 months on.  HUGS

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see that you are also a "family bed" person!!!  I am too and have been for almost 13 years.  My oldest slept with me up until about 1 year ago, and then she decided to go into her own room.  My 8 year old is still in bed with me, and Emma has just started to figure out that it isn't fair she has been sleeping in her bed all along and now wants to share the bed with me.  It's all fine though, I absolutely LOVE it.  Especially because my kids have asthma and this way I can be right there and hear them if need be.  My hubby ALSO works 3rd shift, so there are no marital relations getting interrupted (and if there is, I will have a heck of a lot of explaining to do).  So, don't push Rowan too hard if she doesn't want to go into her own bed.  People will tell you she HAS to go into her bed, but it's all your choice.  So, see how she does and if it's too traumatic, just leave well enough alone.  I had my kids sleeping with me after each baby was born too.  I just had a little bassinet set next to the bed and when it was time to feed the baby, I would do that, wrap her/him back up and put her/him back into the bassinet.  The kids NEVER woke up either, so don't worry about that.  They get used to the noise and adapt.

Gee, I went on and on didn't I?!  And, about the pacifier, great job!!  Shhhhh, but Emma still has hers and she just turned 4.  Oooo, I am in trouble with the parent police aren't I?  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love the blinkie......I've had enough of the "dumb blonde" jokes directed at me all these years, LOL

~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl