Thursday, September 9, 2004

Tootie Frutie...

Ok... My journal title subject has nothing to do with my entry... I was just feeling silly!

I got a many of comments about me throwing this bridal shower for my friend alone... I know, it doesn't seem very fair at all to many of you... Actually, to me either.  But when you are "Matron of Honor" (thank you Lisa for the correction... yes, I knew that... but like you said, I feel old hearing that), I guess it is part of your duties to suck it up and take it like a man... Um, woman.

I explained to Kathi in an email that the other bridesmaids aren't really helping her plan the wedding and have not even offered to help me throw either party... I guess they aren't able to afford to help and they assume with my husband having such a 'great paying job' (LOL) that I can afford to do it all.

I guess they don't really realize that I have a house payment, car payment, credit cards, utilites and many other things to pay for... On a police man's pay!  A police man who works in a little town not some big ol' city!  Yes, I do have a job, but that doesn't bring in enough to pay for everything! 

So, I have come to the decision that this party will be a simple party.  I'm going to Costco, one of my favorite places to go, and picking up 3 frozen Lasanga's... Some salad and garlic bread.  Easy... tasty... and pretty much the cheapest plan I could come up with.  Luckily, like I mentioned before, my friends mom will be helping me out... Thats a BIG PLUS.

Anywho... Enough of the bridal shower... I'd do it no matter what... She is a great friend who deserves a great party... And that she will get!

Last night was a pretty nice evening... My hubby had training yesterday so he was able to be home last night with us.  We had a wonderful dinner!  Yumm Yumm.  Filet Mignons, baked potatos and steamed carrots!  It was sooo good.  Actually, too good.  I couldn't even finish my food.  LOL.  But boy, did the Princess Rowan whoof down her food.  She even had two helpings of steak and carrots (Rowan sized that is).

Rowan and her Daddy did some swimming last night... Oh man, it was so warm.  It was still like 95 degrees at 530pm.  Ugh, horrible if you ask me!  I was excited to see a Thunderstorm on our forcast for next week.  If the weather people are right, we'll be seeing rain on Wednesday!  WOO HOO.  Just as long as it doesn't rain on Saturday!

Tonight is Gymnastics for Rowan.  If I'm not silly, I'll try to remember to bring my camera and get some pictures of my monkey in action!  But for now, I must go.  Gotta actually do some work to get paid... TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes please do bring your camera tonight!!  I would love to see that little one doing her gymnastics!  Great idea about going to Costco by the way!  Why didn't I think of that?!  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I think the idea for the party is great! I can't wait to see the pics of the princess in action. :)  I also know about that pay....law enforcement sucks, you put your life on the line every time that you put on your uniform and the trash collector gets paid more than we do, what's up with that????

Hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I love your party ideas! I hope it all works out.

~Heather

Anonymous said...

I think taht's a great idea for the bridal shower. My Mom said she is going to Costco for all the food for my wedding party too! Take Care...Brit =)