Sunday, December 5, 2004

Are You Ready For Some Football?

                                       GlitterOrnaments.gif

It is Sunday... And we all know what that means... Every red blooded American is stuck in front of the TV watching the football games.  Notice I didn't say every red blooded American male... LOL.  Cause you can count me right in there, watching the games and keeping up with my fantasy football scores!  Haha.  Right now, I'm kicking my BIL's butt.  And I still have my defense (Steelers!!!) to play.  WOO HOO.  Watch out cause here comes Jennifer!

Today has been a really great day.  No blah's here people.  This morning Rowan and I were out of the house at 1030am to go grocery shopping.  We needed food in the house and we are having my parents over for dinner, so it was time to shop.

I think I did pretty good.  I hit a lot of deals and came out of there with more food than I thought I should have for only $135.  Gosh... Thats a lot of dough.  Ugh.  But what are you going to do when you have nothing in your house... Not even enough peanut butter to surfice the kid??  Thats right... You go shopping and spend more than you want... But I think I did pretty good today.  Even the hubby said so :D

Miss Rowan and I did get a little treat on the way home.  We went to Starbucks.  I caved into my cravings and got a Pumpkin Spice Latte and Rowan got a Peppermint Hot Chocolate.  Mind you, the kiddo thinks she was getting coffee or 'boffee' as it comes out of her cute little mouth, but it was mighty tasty and I think she enjoyed getting something at the same place Mama does.  A Mama Drink as she would call it.

We came home and started cleaning house with the Daddy.  Actually, I did and Miss Rowan was off to watch "Spidey-Man"(she sure loves that movie). Then it was about time for lunch so I made a pretty easy, yet tasty meal.  LOL.  Little Smokies in crusants!  PIGS IN A BLANKET, ya'll.  Yum Yum.  Hey, the only thing that could have made it better would have been mac and cheese... And we didn't have any ;)

After lunch, we took a break from cleaning to watch the Hubby try to fly his kite.  There is a nice breeze here... But nothing good enough to get his kite to really fly.  Miss Rowan didn't seem to mind though.  Being outside on a beautiful day like this just makes her happy... Plus hanging out with Daddy doesn't seem to ruin it either :D

I changed my colors for my journal.  Everyone seems to be getting into the spirit of the Holidays by doing it, so I thought I'd be a 'follower' and do the same.  Hehe.  I'm not sure if I do like it all that much, but I guess I'm probably not used to it either.  I still can't believe that Christmas Eve is only 19 days away!!! 

But I'm pretty sure that I need to get up and start preparing for dinner.  We are having grilled chicken breasts, mashy potatos, fresh green beans and brussell sprouts and probably some cookies as a dessert!  YUM YUM.  I'm getting hungry already.  And Miss Rowan is very excited that her YaYa and Grandpa will be over for dinner... So, I need to get running.

I hope you all have a great Sunday and enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Until tomorrow... And you never know what Monday's can bring.  I, on one hand, have to go and have my glucose test done.  WOO HOO. 

HUGS TO ALL....

MerryxmasJennifer.jpg

*tags provided by the Tag Lounge*

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you didnt have the blahs today! I hope that you get to spend some good time with your parents.
I think that its cute that Rowan got a grown up drink!
Nite!
Hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

mashy potatos?...Its official...You have permanantly lost adult conversation.LOL..But I am there too!! Don't worry!! LOL...I think its cute..Leslie loves hot chocolate with a coffe mug..She holds her pinky out like shes all fancy...LOL
Enjoy the glucose test..YUCK :P

Jackie

Anonymous said...

heck, i was right there also watching football! nothing else to do today since it snowed quite a bit this morning...it was fun just sitting by the fire though and enjoying the games...hope u have a nice dinner with your folks..

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny

Anonymous said...

God, I HATE that glucose test!!  I was in tears last time I had to get one done!  They make you drink the crap and then sit there for 2-3 hours.  It was awful!  So glad I don't have to do one of those again!  And, this redblooded person is NOT watching any football today!  Hubby is, I can hear it, heck YOU can probably hear it, but not me, nope, don't even want to watch it for 10 seconds.  His Steelers are playing though, so he is glued to the t.v.!  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ewwww...you have to drink that nasty stuff...lol  Glad you guys had a good day!!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a good time! Flying a kite sounds so wonderful and free... and i bet Rowan liked watching daddy fly kites too
;-)
Have a great monday!
Hugs,
~Angel