Thursday, December 30, 2004

Boys And Their Toys...

purplebutterfly.gifIts a very blustery day, so I thought I'd use a pretty purple butterfly to make me feel like its a nice spring day outside... lol.

Last night was horrible.  The wind just blew and blew.  The rain poured and hit the house so hard, that it woke poor Miss Rowan up.  She did fall asleep on the couch-bed (haha) in our room last night (WOO HOO!) but I woke up with her in my bed around 3am.  I'm guessing that the wind was blowing at the Sun Screens we have on our bedroom windows and it probably scared her.  The couch is right next to the windows, so I'm pretty sure that is what happened.  It was pretty loud... It even woke me up a few times.

I just can't wait for a nice sunny day...

Yesterday the Hubby went to Best Buy and spent almost all of his $100 gift card.  Lol.  Then he convinced me to come back there later when I got home from work to look at Big Screen TV's.  Yep, he got me to go with him.  He has been wanting one for a while now, so, I thought I'd apease him and go.  They are really having some good deals on the TV's there.  In fact, such good deals, that the Hubby talked me into letting him get one.  Ahhh.  I told him the only way we could get one is that he makes his laptop (for work) last a little bit longer.  So, he promised he would.

We are now the proud owners of a Sony 51" HDTV, with silver accents.  But you know how the sales people are.  They freaking talk you into buying all this other junk to go with it.  Like a filter, which if you don't have one, it VOIDS all your warranty.  So, basically, you are pushed into buying that.  Then you have to make sure you buy the correct cords and blah, blah, blah.  But, I would have to say how suprised I was about the prices of the TV's.  They have really dropped.  I do hope he enjoys it...

The Hubby was a little dissapointed because the TV won't be delivered until Sunday and he was hoping to haveit for his last few days off.  Oh well, he'll just have to wait a few more days to play with it.  Lol.

Our dinner last night was yummy.  We had pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon and o'brien potatos.  The Hubby did have linguica, but I passed on that :D  Haha.  Rowan ate sooo much too.  It was kinda funny.  She had two pieces of patty sausage, two pancakes (not really big) and some eggs.  She did try the O'Brien potatos, but she said they were hot on her tongue.  Haha.  I guess the bell peppers in there made it kinda spicy, not to mention that the Hubby likes to put a lot of pepper on them.  She is too silly.

After dinner, Miss Rowan was off to take a bath and I crashed on my bed to play some Nintendo DS.  I was just too tired to do anything else.  Haha.  I think I was asleep by 930pm.  Can you believe that?  If I could, I'd be home today, just relaxing too.  But, I gotta work. 

Today after work, I'm going to go home and pick the kiddo up.  Then we'll be off to the mall to get my mom her birthday present.  I'm really not too sure what we'll be getting her, but I know it will be something good.  Actually, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get her, but because she does read my blog, I won't be saying.  Lol.  Sorry Mom, no hints for you today :D

I just hope the weather lets up a little bit before I do make my way to the mall.  I hate taking the kiddo out in the rain and what not.  Its just so dangerous on the roads (I can't believe how some people drive in the rain!!) and its just chilly.  Its only supposed to be 48 degrees today, but with the wind, it will feel more like 40!!  Goodness... too chilly for my bones.

Well, I've gotta get running.  I have a lot to do today.  I have to pack away a bunch of files and then make new 2005 for all of our vendors... argh.  Time consuming and boring.  Lol.

Have a great Thursday ya'll...

::HUGS TO EVERYONE::

*tag provided by tag lounge*

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some sunshine soon.  Rainy days depress me.  It's nice every now and then, but when it lasts for days, I'm sooo done.  

51" TV!!!!  That's just crazy huge.  I'm not a big TV fan so I guess it wouldn't do much for me..lol  Hubby's not really a big TV fan either.  I guess I can be thankful huh?!?!

What in the heck is linguica??  

Hope you have fun shopping for your Mom :)  Stay dry too..lol

Luv~heather

Anonymous said...

Best buy always seems to sucker them in,doesn't it!?
Although i have to agree, the prices are pretty affordadle now,lol. Hubby wants one sooo bad ! We went Last christmas to get a big screen and  i talked him into an smaller 37 in. and the whole  dark walnut entertainment center to go with it! lol. However i had to buy him the ps2 game and 2 games for the sacrifice. :: giggle:: Hope hubby gets lots of  "halo 2 fun" on the new big screen! I bet that will be awsome ;-)
Dinner sounded yummy!
Hope mom has a nice birthday ;-)

Hugs & Misses,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Um, yikes...hubby has a 100 gift card for best buy as well, but we will be using that towards a 27 inch for the bedroom tv that is currently possesed.  Man u think big!  Hubby is lucky!

Anonymous said...

Wow! thats a big TV!
I will just be content with my 27' inch for now!
I hope that your trip to the mall isnt too bad...I know that it will be crowded!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

WOW< a BIG SCREEN!!~ jUST IMAGINE HOW HE'LL BE WITH THAT ONE?!?!...lol...iT'll be his little baby, Im sure...messing with it non stop for a few days...But its fun to splurge when you can..:)

Glad the breakfast supper went well, and good luck with the weather tomorrow...I hope the sun shines for you two!!

Anonymous said...

hmmm a BIG big screen TV.  Now there's a practical investment for the parents to be!  Perhaps you were thinking if you bought it for him you wouldn't have to think about that 3rd kid for a while?  :-) Hope he lasts until it gets delivered. -Kelly http://journals.aol.com/pixiedustnme/Inmyopinion

Anonymous said...

New tv? Cool! We have looked at those TV's and they are sooo nice.

You know, I never thought of California as being cold. It's actually warmer here than it is there...


Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo!!  Todd would be so jealous of you guys getting a big screen t.v.!!  He wants one too, but I tell him not until Emma is old enough to know not to touch the darned thing!  Don't need sticky little finger prints all over the front of it ya' know?  Hope the weather has calmed down for you over that way!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa