Wednesday, December 1, 2004

Doggie Prayers Needed...

I mentioned in the last entry that the Hubby's dog... Also his partner... wasn't feeling well.

                                              pawglitter.bmp

Well, today at training (for bite and dope work) the Hubby and his human partner realized that Tango wasn't doing that well and something wasn't right.  He was bloated and acting weird.

                                                pawglitter.bmp

So, the Hubby took Tango to the vet.  It wasn't looking good for a while.  Somehow, Tango got his intestines all twisted up inside and now has to have surgery to fix them.

                                                  pawglitter.bmp

So, either this afternoon or tomorrow, Tango - our beloved pet and Hubby's partner- will be having surgery to tack his stomach.  He will be out of service for at least a month and will have to be watched very closely from now on.  Please keep him in your thoughts...

                                                     pawglitter.bmp

I know he is 'just a dog' to some... But to us and the police department, he isn't 'just a dog'... So... For those of you who do believe animals are more than just pets and part of your family, please think of him and the Hubby.

Thank you... Hugs to All.... Jennifer and Tango :D

Tango.jpg

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will remember your dog, partner, and family member in my prayers this evening.  Good luck to you.

Anonymous said...

Oh no.....animals are much more than that to me.....Lexy is my heart.
Many prayers for Tango headed that way!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your dog,,,, I have a german sheperd too I just posted some on my journal I am not sure if you saw them, I hope everything works out for you, and your family ~Heather

Anonymous said...

Awww...i will pray for him...He is a hero as much as the men and women are!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers to your family and the dept. for a safe surgery and speedy recovery.  I have a good friend who is a K-9 officer, (his dog, also a shepard, Plocket, understands only German commands) so I know what the dog means to all.  May God watch over him......

Cat

Anonymous said...

Awwww, God Bless.

Get Well Soon Tango.

I'm praying for you, barbie~

Anonymous said...

I love your journal by the way, and I have a Siberian Husky named Romeo that is like my son lol.  I don't know how I'd react if he got seriously ill, so I understand how you feel.  I hope he gets well soon!!

Brian

Anonymous said...

Poor Tango!!!  I am sending positive healing wishes his way right now!!!  Poor thing!  He is so adorable too and yes, I do believe animals are part of our extended family.  ;)
Hugs and lots of love to all of you, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Tango is a beautiful dog!.....I hope everything goes well with the surgery.....you're all in my thoughts, please keep us posted on his progress and condition...~jerseygirl

Anonymous said...

Aww so sorry to hear he is feeling badly.. hope they fix him up soon! :) Melaney

http://journals.aol.com/healthyatheart/SomethingLikeLifeOrIsIt/

Anonymous said...

I have heard of that happening before.  Quite a bit actually.  Hope they can fix him up and he'll be back to normal again!!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I hope Tango is feeling better.
Elisa