Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve is Here!!!

                 Stocking.bmp

Well, Christmas Eve has finally made it here.  Today/tonight starts our celebration of Christmas.  And we are all very excited... Especially Miss Rowan.

This evening we are heading over to our in-laws to celebrate Christmas and pig out... Yum Yum.  We are doing something new and having lasanga and italian style dinner.  Sounds pretty tasty to me...  Then, after dinner, we are going to open presents.  Mind you, there are 12 of us... and each with more than one present... So, you know we'll be there a while!!  Hehe.  I just love to see the looks on everyones faces after they've opened their gifts... Its just as good as getting a great gift of your own.

Tonight, after Princess Rowan is asleep, Hubby and I will set up her Santa Gifts by the fireplace.  The purple Princess Bike and her Sassy Cat will be set out to look like they came straight from the big guy... Lol.  I just can't wait to see her face tomorrow morning... I'm just as bad as a little kid.  I have a hard time sleeping and want to get up early to open gifts.  haha. I'm guessing I'll wait until she wakes up though.

After we have our Christmas at our home, we'll be off to my parents to open presents and snack there.  Dear Hubby does have to work tomorrow evening, so we'll have to start pretty early so he can get to work.  Then there will be a BIG turkey dinner that evening.  He'll have to take his lunch to enjoy it, but luckily he'll be able to!

OOOOhhhh.  Just talking about it all makes me very excited.  Its only 930am and we have to wait until 530pm to get started.  I better find some things to keep my mind occupied.  haha.  I do have a car to clean out (we've been warned it will be filled to the brim!) and one more present for Miss Rowan to wrap.  Hopefully those will take some time up.

Just an update on Rowan... btw, thankyou all for your thoughts and suggestions.  I don't think having her in our bed is something we did wrong though.  I just believe it MIGHT be time for her to move to her own bed because we will be having a new one sleeping in the room (in a bassinet) and he might be waking her up... So, truthfully, its all for her sleep that I'm trying to get her in a big girl bed.

She did take a nap in her room yesterday all by herself just fine.  No crying or fighting it.  She was out in about 5mins.  Last night was a different story though.  It took a while to get her down and then she was up again at 1230am.  Daddy went to bed with her (and ended up falling asleep!!), but she came crawling into my bed around 330am (while Daddy was still in her room... lol).  So, we'll keep working on it... she might take to it... she might not.  I'm not going to stress on it.  And besides, sleeping with other family members is something that is practiced around the world (thank you for that reminder Lisa!! Love ya!!).

So, I'm going to run now.  I probably won't make it to the computer much over the next few days with the Holiday and my grandparents coming up... So, to all in J-Land, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy Holiday!

HUGS TO ALL... Jennifer

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jennefer!!!  Merry Christmas To Miss Rowan and your husband.
(((hugs)))
Leigh and hubby aka mark
May santa bring everything your heart desires.

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a good christmas holiday...be thinking of me as I work!
Snowflake hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday!!!

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Nope, it is nothing you did wrong.  I actually loved having kayla sleep with me.  All warm and snuggly, but the parents do need time to themeselves, LOL.  It took me forever to get her to sleep in her own bed, and you know what, sometimes I offer to let her sleep with me. http://journals.aol.com/fuzslady/justme

Anonymous said...

LOL..Im imagining Miss Rowan getting up and finding YOU opening her presents!!! rofl...Anyways good luck with the wait tomorrow and I hope all goes well..Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

You make me so HUNGRY with your entries!!  Those dinners sound so YUMMY!  We had Chinese food, can you believe that?!  What's wrong with people?  Hee-hee!  Have to go and read the new entries, I am behind by a day, can you tell?  I can't wait to see Rowan's face on Christmas morning!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Christmas is so much more fun when you have little ones to watch.  It makes you want to believe again when you see their faces Christmas morning :)  Enjoy all the good food!!

Luv~heather

Anonymous said...

I met a lady today who said that her 4 year old still likes to visit them in bed at night.  He'll fall asleep in his own bed, and will migrate to theirs by around 3am.  To help slowly transition him, they have provided him with a sleeping bag in their room at the base of the bed that he can hop in if he gets lonely in his own room.  Maybe this might work.  Good luck.  Tory