Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas 2004

         MINE.jpg

Well, Christmas 2004 has come and gone.  I do hope each and everyone of you enjoyed yourselves and the time spent with your families.  As you can see from the picture above, Miss Rowan sure did love her Santa present.  She was just too cute about everything. 

Daddy decided he couldn't wait for her reaction on Christmas morning, so he woke her up.  Or he tried.  He actually tried a few times... Lol.  What a kid!  We finally were up about 815am and to see the look on her face when she got to the end of the hall, well, it was priceless.

"Mommy, Santa came!  My Purple Bike!"  That is all that I needed to hear to melt my heart for the rest of the day.  haha.  But to hear all her "ooh's and aww's and tank-you's" as she was opening her presents was just as great.

       OuttaMyway.jpg

Here is Miss Thing on her Purple Princess Bike.  She is going to need some work on it, but luckily for her, her Nana and Papa (hubby's parents bought her a tricycle, so, maybe that will help!).  Yes, Santa did provide the helmet too.  There are also knee and elbow pads... Lol.

                   SassyCat.jpg

She also LOVES her Sassy Cat.  This picture was taken before she could get her dressed, but let me tell you, she is the cutest thing in her little outfit.  Rowan was actually able to take only Sassy Cat over to her YaYa and Grandpa's house... Just so we could show her off!  Plus, she didn't want to leave her home.

The Hubby and I also had a wonderful Christmas.  We both think so much alike that we pretty much got each other the same presents.  How funny is that?  We both bought each other 2 pairs of shoes from Vans (mine are white with a pink stripe and the other are blue with a white stripe!  too cute!!), a pair of slippers, perfume/cologne (I got the Britney Spears Curious!), we each got each other a Playstation 2 game, and bought each other the Nintendo DS!  How weird is that!  I guess we are just too much a like... haha.

After we opened all our gifts at home, we took a break.  The Hubby actually took a nap because he had to work last night too.  So, Rowan and I watched one of her movies (I think the Princess Sing-Along one) and just hung out until we heard from my parents, who were coming home from Yosemite.

Then it was off to my parents to open a million and one presents!  Lol.  They were mostly for Miss Rowan, but we did get a few goodies of our own.  My main present from my parents was a Dooney and Bourke purse!  Ooo-la-la. Dooney.jpgThis is what it kinda looks like, but in GRAPE!!  It is sooo cute.  I can't believe they got me one.  But I don't mind (Thanks Mom and Dad!! Love You!!).  They also got me the movie size poster of the VJ-Day picture from Times Square where the sailor is kissing the lady... I just love it and can't wait to find a place for it.  I also got a really cute poncho from my brother... what a sweet heart! 

The Hubby also got a few great presents.  He got a really great large Guiness mirror straight from the Guiness store in Ireland.  We are thinking we'll be needing to convert our den/gameroom into a 'pub' just because he is getting so much great stuff to make one.  He also got some Guiness glasses from my brother and a liquor pump from my parents.  See, we need to do something... lol.

Rowan got all kinds of new stuff from her YaYa and Grandpa... Thank goodness it all stays there!  Hehe.  She got the Barbie shopping cart that can scan groceries, play make-up set, a Barbie karoke machine (which was getting loud by the end of the night... and a few other goodies.  Thank goodness this is going to be the last year of her being their only grandchild... Haha.  But I'm sure her and Zachary will be getting just as much, since Christmas is for the children!  And here is Miss Rowan grocery shopping!!

                  GoingGroceryShopping.jpg

Oh yes, I can't leave out the festivities of Christmas Eve!  We all got so much stuff (Miss Rowan came away with 4, yes 4, baby dolls!!!) that it would be too hard and too boring to repeat it all.  haha.  But I'd have to say, we all (every person there) were truly spoiled.  I did get some new PJ's (that I'll be taking with me to the hospital!!) and a soft-soft-soft pink robe.  Woo Hoo.  I'd been needing a new robe. 

But maybe this picture of Rowan can sum up all the great time and presents from this weekend:

             Yippee.jpg

Doesn't it look like she was having a blast??  And yes, she was.

I do hope that everyone had a great Christmas and with the year ending, I hope that everyone has a wonderful 2005!  I do have to go now and clean house, because it looks like Christmas exploded in our front room.  And with all of Rowan's new stuff, I need to make some room in her bedroom too... Lol.  Then it will be off to my parents later this afternoon to spend some time with them and my grandparents... Dear Hubby has to work again tonight... But get this ya'll.  He'll be off for the next 5 days!!!  OMG.  What will we do???

Have a great rest of the weekend... I'm still off for the next few days... yippee.  But to all of you that have to go back on Monday, I'll see you on Tuesday :D

HUGS TO ALL...

Jennifer.bmp

*tag lounge*

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, Cute pictures of rowan.. and she looked so excited to gett everything.. its so cute to see the childrens faces when they get to open all of their presents.. too cute again

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures...looks like Rowan made out.  You and hubby didn't do too bad either :)  I also got the perfume Curious for Christmas.  I guess we can both smell good together..lol

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

the pictures of rowan are priceless! she is so cute!! this reminded me so much of my daughter at that young age...and when she got her first 'big girl' bike...these are years that u are going to old near and dear to your heart for the rest of your life...my baby girl is now 21! glad that u all had such a wonderful Christmas...thats the way it is supposed to be...thanks for sharing your holiday with us...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Rowan hit the jack pot!
I am glad that you all had a great christmas. Enjoy your time off with hubby!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Rowan looks so happy in these pictures!!  I remember having only one child and how spoiled she was!  Brings back those good ole' memories.  :)  You also made out great didn't you?!?!  You deserve all that and more!  Glad to read that your Christmas was a wonderful one.  Now, please, do me a favor, don't start counting down until the next Christmas until at least like July 2005 okay?!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

She is too cute:) love the pics..I also got the cologne Curious for Christmas.  I love it..even though I am not a big Brittany fan.
I enjoy your journal.
Jana

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!  Rowan sure is a cutie!  I have a purse similar to the one you showed in the same colors.  I love Dooney and Bourke!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays!!!!!

Love the photos....

~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a great entry!  How old is Rowan again????