Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Farewells and Countdowns...

                          christmaspenguins.jpg

Well, its about time for me to say good-bye... No, not to J-Land or my J-Land friends, but good-bye to work.  Okay, for at least 5 days that is.  Yep!  You heard me, after 330pm today, I'm going to be off work for 5 whole days.  WOO HOO.  Can you say mini-vacation?  Yes, I'm sure you can.  LOL.  I'm really excited too.  I'm sure no one can tell that though.

Tonight does start a hard job for me though.  Tonight, I'm embarking on a new territory.  Tonight, I'm going to start to try to get Rowan to sleep in her own room... Ah, yes, the dreaded task.  But, because I will be home for the next 5 days, not having to worry about when I need to get up, I'm going to take the time and get her to sleep in her big girl bed.  Please, wish me luck!  Its going to be hard... on both of us :)

sleigh.bmpThe countdown to Christmas is only 3 days... Or!  2 days until Christmas Eve.  If you think about it, "Christmas Eve is the day after tomorrow"... haha.  Now, I bet some of you are going to want to kill me after I said that, but hey, I'm excited.

Last night, the Hubby put together Miss Rowan's purple Princess Bike.  The poor guy, he really had a hard time with it too.  He is/was so used to putting together expensive bikes (from when he was younger and BMX-ing) that putting together a $60 bike was hard for his nerves.  LOL.  He only wants the best for his Baby Girl, but hey, she isn't even 3 and I think she'll enjoy her PURPLE PRINCESS bike just fine.  Haha.

I didn't have to go play Santa last night.  We ended up just staying at our house and having another couple come over to exchange presents instead.  That was a whole lot better for us, because I didn't want to take Rowan out in the cold anyways.  The present I got for them was made by Nadine over at N2Glass.  If you go to her site, you can see it for yourself.  It is under the "Whats New", the wedding set.  It was perfect, because she did them in her wedding colors.  (This was for my friend who's wedding I was in!).  I think she really liked them... I know I would have.

Tomorrow night, we are going to my best friends house (Auntie Amy) to exchange presents.  I actually think the Hubby will be going too.  I'm not sure though, because he works tonight and part of tomorrow, but I'm hoping he does.  I do have to go pick up the present that I'm getting for her and her bf, but I can do that before I go to their house.  I am going to go get them 2 tickets to the movies, because they never get to go out!  So, I thought that would be a nice little couple present, along with her individual presents (a mirror by Nadine and a purse).

So, I mentioned the Hubby is working tonight.  He is going to be working a DUI check point, but I don't like him doing that, especially with the fog.  It drives me nuts knowing that they are standing out there on a busy road and a drunk driver could be flying down the same road.... Argh.  Then, he is going to do dog training at 230am with the other dog handler.  Can you say crazy??  So, he should be home Thursday somewhere around 830-9am.  But that means he'll be sleeping most of the day and I'll have to find something to do with Rowan so we don't wake him... I'm so glad he doesn't work graves...

I still can't believe how quickly this month has flown by.  It seems like yesterday I was saying there was 50 some-odd days until Christmas and now its only 3 days away.  I sure hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday and enjoys their time with their family and gets all that they've wished for christmasturtle.jpg.

Well, I think I've rambled enough for today.  I do hope that I get to come back to J-Land before Christmas and see what else is going on with everyone and to again, wish you a Merry Christmas.

HUGS TO ALL... Jennifer

*tags provided by Tag Lounge*

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice for a mini-vacation from work!  I need one from my house :)

Good luck with Rowan!  Do you lay down with her until she falls asleep?  I have the total opposite problem here as Gracie won't sleep anywhere else but her bed (unless she's sick).  She loves her bed and her room.  She won't even sleep in the car anymore, not for a long time now..... ah, those were the days....

I bought one of those little bikes with training wheels for mine, but because there is no chain.. it is very hard for her to peddle.  I usually have to push her around while she peddles it first to get her going.

Have a great time off and happy holiday if neither of us make it back here before...

Cat

Anonymous said...

I'm still in shock that christmas is this weekend!  lol.
I'll keep hubby in my thoughts and prayers! I hope all goes well and there aren't too many idiots who are out drinking and driving.
Rowan is going to be one happy princess with her new purple bike! You'll HAVE to get pics and share them with us all ;-)

Lots of luck with Rowan ;-) Be sure to get her a pretty lil' princess nightlight (cause kids always get scared of the dark) and be consistant. If she wakes up in the middle of night, walk her back to her room. You'll probably have to stay there until she falls back asleep, but in the end it will all be worth it! Took me exactly one week to get my 2 boys to sleep in there own rooms!
Oh yeah!! ENJOY your mini vacation chic!! ::giggle::

Hugs & Blessings ((Jennifer))
Hope you have a wonderful christmas filled with love and laughter!
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Mini-vacation for you!! YAY!!! And best of luck getting her to sleep in her bed...The one thing I remember was especially important was that if you make up to her BACK in your...MAKE SURE you put her back in her bed to wake up in..That way she will know that it isn't allowed to sneak in in the middle of the night..I had leslie doing that for a month or so, but once I got to taking her back in there EVERY NIGHT>..she got over it pretty good...AND, maybe a little special something if she sleeps in her bed ALL NIGHT for 3 days or something?...Thats a good way to reward her for a good job...GOOD LUCK!!

And enjoy your days off...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are going to have a WONDERFUL, fun-filled Christmas! Enjoy your Holidays and especially your break from WORK!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Best of luck my wonderful perky pickle!!!

you're the hostest with the mostest!!

Many Christmas Blessings!

I Love You! barbie~
ps, come to the ball tonight if you can. go to my j for chat link. hopefully i'll know how to post it. sheez! if not i'm sure you can get through other links in my j. try okay? i hope to see you there, weeee............

Anonymous said...

i am excited for u having such a nice break from work...im sure u need it...i remember the days of being pregnant and having to take care of a little one also...i looked at those votives and they look really pretty...im sure she loved them...good luck getting rowan to sleep in her own bed...for her and u! i let our daughter do the same thing and it was the hardest thing in the world getting her to stay in her own bed all night...it is possible, just not easy! thank u for the nice comments u left in my journal also...it was so sweet of u...have a very Merry Christmas and get some rest!

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Thats great that you get a nice break from work to enjoy the holidays!
I am going to have to go check out Nadine's latest work..I havent been over there in a while.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too, and enjoy that vava, before u know it, you'll be back out the door!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas to all of your family.  Best wishes for a great new year.http://journals.aol.com/fuzslady/justme

Anonymous said...

Goodluck with Rowan sleeping in her bed. We went through that with one of ours. It was hard, but so worth it.

Merry Christmas!!

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Good luck with getting Rowan in her own bed.  I hope you've enjoyed your vacation too!!

Luv~heather