Friday, December 10, 2004

Friday Updates

GlitterTree.gifCount down to Christmas Eve is 14 days!!

Okay guys and gals... I'm here to update you all on my wonderful Friday.  So, last night around 9pm, I stopped eating and drinking for my fabulous glucose test this morning.

I was up at 7am and out the door to my mom's to drop the Princess off by 830am.  I got to the lab at 9am and immediatly had that wonderfully sugary-orange soda drink.  Really, it wasn't that bad... Thankfully they keep them really cold.  So, I downed that drink in the allowed 5 minutes and then it was off to the bathroom to leave a sample... Having to pee in a cup is something I just can't stand!  But I did it anyways.

They started the timer and I settled into my seat to read the People magazine that I put aside just for today.  About 30 minutes into the waiting, I noticed that Zachary was just moving all about... I guess the sugar was getting to him.  Finally, the hour was up and they took my blood... 3 viles full!  Argh.  Luckily the lady that did it didn't have a hard time finding my vein and used a rather small needle... What a doll :D

So, I did go and get my test done ya'll.  See... I kept my word!  LOL.  After the test it was off to my mom's to get Rowan and her and head to the mall for some Christmas shopping.

Now, at the mall, I started to feel weird.  I hadn't had anything to eat besides half of a yogurt parfit from McDonalds and some Diet Coke after the test... And all of the sudden I'm getting really hot and starting to sweat.  Mind you, I can't wear a lot of clothes, so don't think I'm doubled up in some thick sweater or something.  I just have a plain shirt on with my jeans.  So, my mom and Rowan go get in the Santa line and I'm in a store getting a gift card for my niece when I start to get the shakes.  Not too bad at first... But by the time I get to the register and go to sign the reciept, my hand is shaking uncontrolably.  That was too weird for me, since I've never experienced something like that.

Well, I make it out of the store and head towards the elevator (because I have the stroller filled with bags) when I realize I need something to eat and drink now or I'm going to go insane with the shaking and the sweating!  So, I go to Hot Dog On A Stick and get a large lemonade for my mom and I and a hot dog for me.  I swear, I don't remember ever eating something sooo quickly!  I scarfed it down.

By the time I got to my Mom and Rowan in the Santa line, I was shaking pretty badly.  But once I ate the hot dog and drank some of the lemonade, I was feeling better... About 15 mins after eating, the shakes were gone.  But geeze, I don't want to experience anything like that again!!  I guess maybe because I hadn't really eaten all day and with the glucose drink in my system it kinda wacked my body out... Weird.

Anywho... Enough about that...

Miss Rowan did sit on Santa's lap today... We were very impressed with her!  She even told him what she wanted (a purple bike) and said Please after her request!  How cute.  I did get some pictures, so I will be posting those... Just not tonight, I'm exhausted!

Oh yes.  I just about finished my Christmas shopping today.  I finished everyone but one of our nieces (does anyone have any ideas for a 9yr old?) and Rowan.  But Rowan will have to be done with the Hubby and I.  We like to shop together for her... But other than that, I need to start wrapping.  I guess a trip to Target to get boxes, paper, tape and scissors is in order!  Cause there is only 14 days left until I have to give half of the presents I bought to the people they belong to!

Well, I think thats all I can spurt out for tonight... I need to go to bed!!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend... And I'll catch up on journals soon!

HUGS TO ALL....

XmasbearJennifer.jpg

*tags from Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW..have you gotten the tests?.Becuase it might mean something...If I were you i would just call your doc and let him know what happened..Im sure you're fine though...but I bet you were scared!! i would be..Like what the hay is going on with me?!?!...LOL..And for a 9 year old..Hmm...maybe a cute diary?..Thats such a tough age...I babysit for a 9 year old and she loves journaling and such....Just a thought

(ps- my daughter is getting a purple bike too!!...that's IF she's good...LOL)
((HUGS))
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a hypoglycemic reaction. Sugar crash. You did the right thing. Eat something and have a drink with natural sugars in it. Hopefully your test comes out OK and this was just a one time reaction...but to be sure...keep some snacks in your purse. :-)

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of u for getting the test done...the reason u had the shakes and sweats is that your blood sugar levels were really low (i have diabetes)...i try to always have some candy in my purse so if this happens i can resolve it quickly...even lifesavers will help...i am excited to see the santa pics...our best friends daughter is 9 and she is asking for new furniture for her bedroom! i cant believe that...what happend to toys??? have a nice weekend!

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you realized that the shakes were from you not eating and were able to quickly!
When will you find out the results?
I wish that I had all the shopping together like you do!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Girl!!!

i just wish i could come through this screen and give you a spanking for not taking care of yourself FIRST!! babe, ya gotta feed Zachary or he'll eat you out of house and home *wink*

i can't wait to see the pics of Miss Rowan on santa's lap.

((((Hugs)))) barbie~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your glucose test done...finally...lol  I will get all of the symptoms you had if I don't eat.  Glad you're feeling better though.  I bet Rowan was cute sitting on Santa's lap.  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

PHEW!  The glucose test is FINALLY over and done with!  Sorry you weren't feeling well afterwards.  Maybe a trip to the mall wasn't the best thing with all that sugar swimming around in your system!  Glad you didn't pass out or anything, that is scary!  Hope you got some sleep last night!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ok, So I'm a lil behind on my journal-reading.  I SO do not envy you with the glucose test.  I know I'll have to go through that soon enough!  I hated going through it with my other pregnancies, and with the last kid, I flunked the first glucose screening and they sent me for a second, more in-depth one... a 3 hour long one!  YIKES!  thankfully, I passed that one. Whew!  As far as stuff for a 9 year old, well, i have one of those, and at that age, they love stuff like diaries and cool pens, along with the typical stuff, like cds and clothes.  Good Luck with that.  ~Liz ( GO TO YOUR WOMB!!!!)