Monday, December 6, 2004

Monday Monday....

                                bluepoinsetta2.jpg

Christmas Eve is only 18 days away... I truly can't believe it.  I still have so much shopping to do.  I have at least 5 people in our family to shop for and then have to have everything wrapped in time.  Agh.  Counting down the days until I'm not stressed anymore.  LOL.  Actually, I'm really not stressed, I just like to be prepared.  Good thing there is still 18 days until Christmas Eve.  ::giggle::

Our dinner last night was pretty great, if I do say so myself.  Haha.  The Mashy Potatos (you like that one, don't ya Jackie?) were great.  I did them a little different this time by adding some garlic powder to them when I mixed them up.  They were pretty yummy.  I would definetly say that I'd be making them like that again. 

And the time spent with my parents was even better.  Miss Rowan is very attached to her YaYa and Grandpa.  She was very excited all day knowing that they'd be over to have dinner.  At one point, she asked when they were coming over and I told her later... Then she said, "After nap" and I said, "Yep, after you nap".  Well, she napped... And when she woke up, one of the first things out of her mouth was, "YaYa and Grandpa over now?"  How smart is that little cookie.  I just about died laughing...

Other than that, our evening was pretty quiet.  The Hubby was pretty tired and he decided he was going to go get a Sobe Monster from the local liquor store where he always goes while he is working.  So, he went and got a few... and mind you, this was at 845pm!!  Yeah, so let me tell you, he didn't come to bed until 430 this morning!  Silly boy... And yes, I said BOY!  I do have to say that it probably had to do with the drink, but his body clock is also sooo messed up from working nights, that it is just normal for him being up that late.  But playing video games doesn't help either :D  I just hope he can deal with his Missy Rowan today... Cause he has her ALL DAY LONG.

hehe...

I'm supposed to go for my Glucose test this afternoon... But I'm not really sure if I want to.  I know its something that I HAVE to do, but I really don't want to sit around for an hour this afternoon.  I have so much to do today and having the Hubby home is something that is pretty unusual (hehe)... So, I might put it off to another day this week.  I just have to have it done by the time I go on the 14th to the doctor.  I don't mind drinking the stuff... As long as it is similar to what I did last time, like an orange soda... But the hour wait and the needle in my arm is definetly not the high point of the day!

Tonight is spaghetti night!  WOO HOO.  I've sooo passed on my taco cravings (I still do have them...but...) to lovely pasta.  I can't seem to get enough of it.  Hehe.  At least pasta is a little better than deep-fried tacos from Jack in the Box.  Plus, I believe tonight is poker night for the Hubby... So, it will just probably be Miss Rowan and I.

Well, because it is Monday and I have plenty to do, I'm going to run.  I might be back later to add some more tid-bits and what not... But I'll be around to comment!

HUGS TO ALL...

GingerbreadandHotcoco.gif Jennifer

*tags provided by the Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great dinner last night ;-)
I know all to well how those tests go...i had gestational diabetes all 3 pregnancys and yes it does suck waiting for such a long period of time ESPECIALLY when your pregnant!
Hugs and Blessings,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good dinner.  I always misread your mashy potatoes for mushy potatoes..heehee

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a good evening....I hope that the test goes well. I can understand hubby's clock...I am up all weird hours and sleep differant times. I love to nap now, and that is something that I have never done!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

those potatoes sound really good..i might have to try that sometime...i remember many moons ago having the glucose test done...it seems like the orange drink would never be finsihed! it was so sugary...good luck with the test...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny

Anonymous said...

Yep...and i LOVE mashy potatoes myself..i may have to try adding garlic to mine..;)

I would probably put it off to another day too...Since hubby is home rarely..so dont feel bad if you do!!@]

Jackie

Anonymous said...

What a great journal!  I really enjoyed this last entry!  Congratulations to you as well on your upcoming bundle of joy!  a boy, too! you must be SO excited!!!  We Must stay in touch... it's so nice to have someone who's going through similar stuff to talk to ( i think).  when in March are you due?  I'm due April 9th.  We can't be much more then 4 weeks apart in due dates, I'm guessing.  Well, I'm going to add you to my list of favorites, so I can check back regularly.  I'm so glad you found me, because I sure am Glad I met you!  have a wonderful evening!  ~Liz (GO TO YOUR WOMB!!!!)

Anonymous said...

your entries are so much fun pickle! i just love coming here to find out how your days are going. weee......

enjoy your pussgetti and garlic mashys are the BEST huh?!!!!

much love, barbie~

Anonymous said...

I've heard stories about that glucose test...yucky sweet drink and all. Ick. :-)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE YOUR JOURNAL IT'S SO HEART WARMING.  HOW DO YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR TAGS FROM TAG LOUNGE??? CUT JOURNAL