Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Hoping for Good Luck...

babyangel.jpg My dear little daughter is on her first night in her room/own bed.  She has had a bath and is now watching her Christmas movie (Mickey Mouse Twice Upon a Christmas) in her room.

She has already managed to 'escape' once... To me in here on the computer.  Fake crying and all... Wanting a drink.

Off to bed she went again, after a sip of my soda (I know, I know...).  I hope this isn't going to be hard.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Wish me luck J-Land... And if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.  I'm up for pretty much all of it :D

Oh yes... Thanks to all who were at the Holiday Ball tonight... It was wonderful to chat with ya (especially you Barbie... You are a crack up... weeee... :D )  Hopefully next time we'll see more people in there...

Happy Holidays and Hugs to All...

Jennifer

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently my invite to the ball got lost in the mail....I think thats why there probably wasnt alot of people in there....no one knew about it.....
I hope that Rowan has a good night's sleep.....and that you do too!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Oh my...doesn't sound like much fun, Jen.  LOL  Luckily, we forced Parker to start sleeping in his own bed at 8 weeks old...he's never slept with us since (except for naps).  And he LOVES his bed.  

I think Autumn's going to be a different story though.  She's already laying claims on our bed and she's only 5 weeks old.  LOL

I wish I had advice, but I've never dealt with this either.  All I can say is GOOD LUCK!

Love,
Bridgett

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

good luck! i remember doing it with my 3 kids! i totally forgot about the party tonight! darn, darn, darn!! next time...hope things go well for u tonight...i will be thinking of u!

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Hi doll.  Pey slept in my bed for I don't know how long!  From birth to about 2 probably.  I worked 2 jobs and would get her out of her crib and bring her to bed with me to cuddle with her.  I know, bad actions ;)
When she got her 'big girl bed' we kept her in it by tucking her in 'snug as a bug in a rug'  that's how we keep the bedbugs out :)  I rolled up a baby blanket and laid it around her head, then tucked the covers under her all tight.  She has to keep her hands out to catch her dreams.
If all else fails, picking a long book and then reading it very quietly usually has Pey asleep by the 5th page.  She's 5 now and goes to bed easily, it's never really a struggle.  
Good luck with Rowan!
xoxo~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

thankx for the pimp kiddo and i have some advise to give upstairs....

prepare yourself *wink*

love you!!! barbie~

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know about the ball.....shows how much I pay attention.   I don't have any suggestions on keeping Rowan in her bed.  We played it up for a few months before we went through with it.

Luv~Heather