Friday, January 28, 2005

~Did Some Shopping~

              DarkBlueFairy.jpg

Well, I went and did some shopping today.  Actually, my mom, Rowan and I did... But it was all for Baby Zachary!

Yep, we went to Babies-R-Us today and spent some money... Okay, so I spent some money... And it wasn't just some... lol.

I didn't even purchase a million things... Like I secretly wanted to.  All I bought today was a double stroller, car seat and an extra car seat base.  And let me tell you, it was expensive.  I can't believe that they charge you an arm and a leg for something you really need... It reminds me of the saying:

"You get screwed at the drive-thru"...

LOL.  Actually, for what I spent, it was a pretty good deal.  See, I went in there thinking that I was just going to get a single travel-system stroller (a travel-system is a stroller than can have the car seat on it and sold that way).  Well, I found one that was a last years model... They wanted a whole $30 more for this years model and it was the same thing!!  After I chose which one I wanted, my mom and I went to look at some other stuff.  Well, we came across the double strollers and I decided to really look at them, since I have been debating if I should get one or not.

Well, I did some comparing and pro/con stuff... And found that if I was going to spend so much on a single stroller for one child, why not spend about $40 more and have an extra seat for Miss Rowan.  That way, when I went somewhere by myself (or not even by myself), I wouldn't have to worry about where she was and I'd be free to do what I needed, knowing both of my kids are in a stroller.

So, in the end, I ended up getting a double stroller.  The only thing was that it was sold just as a stroller, not with an infant car seat.  Well, come to find out, I was actually saving myself some $15 by buying the stroller, car seat and extra baseall separate.  Get this, the double stroller travel-system (comes with the seat) was $250.  On top of that, I'd have to spend $40 for an extra base for our extra car that Hubby would be driving.

The stroller I got was $150.  The seat was $90 and the extra base was $40 but because I was buying the infant seat separate, I got $10 off.  In the end, I spent $280... I would have been spending close to $300 with taxes if I had purchased the other double stroller.  Not bad, if I do say so myself.

Still kinda expensive, but hey, what are you going to do?

  This is the double stroller and matching car seat I purchased today... you can find it these and other great products at GracoBaby.com.

So, I'm set with the stroller and the infant seat... I just need a few more things and the big thing... Baby Zachary!!  LOL. 

Other than that, today has been a pretty quiet day.  The Hubby and Rowan are still considered "Sickies" even though the Hubby is feeling somewhat better and back to work.  Miss Rowan on the other hand is still feeling pretty icky, if I could put words in her mouth.  She has been pretty cranky and clingy today... So, I know she isn't feeling all that much better.  She even crashed on the couch around 5pm and was asleep until about 615pm.  I just hope she can go to sleep tonight... I'm not too worried about it, because she is already yawning... lol.

So, maybe we'll be asleep around 10pm tonight unlike the last few nights where she has been asleep by 915pm.  Man, what colds take out of little ones... It is so sad.  I on the other hand am still feeling pretty good... ::Knock on wood::

I've been drinking the OJ and eating the oranges... Popping the vitamins and just trying to take it easy... But I would have to say, if I were to get sick soon, I wouldn't mind... I just don't want to be sick around the time Zachary comes.  No way do I want to deal with being sick and having a new born.

Only 24 more days until Feb 22nd... I just can't believe it...  Its coming sooo quickly!!

And lucky me only has 4 more days of work... And get this, because I have a doctors appt on Monday, I'll be leaving earlier... Which means I really only have like 3.5 days left!  Woo Hoo.

But hopefully, once I do stop working, I won't go crazy, waiting for the days to go by.  That is part of the reason why I am working so far up to my date... Because I know I'll start to get bored and go crazy waiting for Feb 22nd to come along :()  Aaaahhh... Thank goodness for AOL and Journals huh???  LOL.

Tomorrow I'm going to spend my day cleaning.  With taking care of the Sickies and just not feeling up to it, I've neglected my poor house.  I will be taking my sweet time and not doing too much... But it needs to be done.  Thank goodness the Hubby will be home for some time tomorrow, before he heads off into those wonderful cop-loving streets...

Yeah, don't even get me started on how things are going right now for them... Just let me say, that gangs are a big problem right now... Okay, so basically, the gangs have called a truce with each other and are supposedly focusing on the cops... Yeah, nice huh??

Anyway...

I could go down to West Covina this weekend and watch my brother play some HOCKEY (((WOO HOO UC DAVIS)))... but hey, a 6 hour car ride just doesn't seem like the thing that I want to do at 35 weeks pregant... haha.  So, I'll be home, cleaning house and relaxing in between...

Sunday is the Hubby's first day off for three days... He has a 'date' to take his girls out to lunch.  Hehe... I can't decide if I want to go to Applebee's or to an Italian resturant called Strings.  I guess I have a few days to decide... Its been a while since we've gone out as a family, so, it will be nice to do...

Okay, I've rambled on plenty long... So, I hope everyone has a wonderful wonderful weekend... May the weather not be too hard on you and you all get some relaxation and rest...

::HUGS and LOVE::

*tag provided by the Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally think you did the right thing by getting the double stroller. I did when my youngest came along and I don't regrett it still to this day. It was a life saver.

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love reading your journal!  I have been reading journals for awhile and just finally decided to start my own yesterday since I have been a "lurker" for so long!  I am looking forward to hearing about Baby Zachary when he gets here.  I am getting married on the 26th so you will be having a new baby right around the time that I am getting married!  Good Luck to you.  Linda

Anonymous said...

i bought a double stroller for my boys...they are 16 months apart...it was the best thing i ever did in my life...i used that thing til it was almost worn out...and once rowan decides that she doesnt need a stroller u can use the extra seat for packages and things...it all works out so u will be happy u spent the extra money...beleive me! hope u have a restful weekend..

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Yeah you will definately need the double stroller. They are life savers for sure!  I will keep all the cops there in my thoughts and prayers. Gangs are scary, more so when they work together and I know you must be worried. Keep your faith and trust in God. Everything will be fine. Hope Rowan and hubby feel better soon ;-)
Have a great weekend Jennifer!
Hugs & Blessings,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Someone gave me a double stroller when I had my first child... now I thought "Why would I need that, I only have one kid..."  Bu it sure came in handy! I used it for packsges, and then when the other kids came along...  perfect!

http://journals.aol.com/daneykakes/AnadsJournal

Anonymous said...

I watched 'Miracle' again last night to get my hockey fix for the hundredth-million time, sheez!! Will this madness ever end?! *wink*

(((((GO UC DAVIS)))) we are both there in Kick-butt Spirit!!

I'm glad you had fun shopping Pickle, (((((GO ZACHARY))))) Get the double double baby, they are life savers. SUVs for the next generation. weee....

AND!!....OMG!!!  "They puck you thru the drive-thru!" ROFLOL! I say that all the time; with everything that doesn't go right. lol! :p:::::

Time is ticking..tic tic tic... YAY!!! Be good to you, I love you, @~barbie~


Anonymous said...

24 more days?!?!..Oh, wow...Im so glad you got to go and pick up some last minute BIG purchases..The double stroller is absolutely a great thing with Rowan..I know I'll be getting one too for myself with my two youngest both being under 2 years old..LOL..I love the one you got..i may have to get that one since its nice and BLUE for the boys..LOL..Im glad youve been taking care of yourself and eating good to not get sick..Thats definitely something you don't need anytime soon!! And have fun on the date!! ;)

Anonymous said...

time sure is flying by!
I am happy that you got the stroller and car seat purchased and out of the way!
hugs and love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I bet it feels good to not have to worry about the car seat and stroller anymore.  I like the one you chose...really cute.  

Hope Rowan gets to feeling better!  Poor little thing.  

Wow!!  I can't believe how time has flown by.  I remember when you were saying you had 19 days of work left!!  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I had a double stroller and I absolutely LOVED it!!  It is such a blessing when the older child doesn't feel like walking.  And, when you just take Zachary out it serves as a great place to put the diaper bag and any bags from stores you acquire!!  You got a great deal!!!  Hope your hubby and Rowan are back to their "normal" self soon!  And, 3.5 more days of work only!?  Woo-hoo!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got the double baby stroller!!  VERY GOOD IDEA and take it from a mom who had two in diapers at the same time!!  The money will have been so worth it later but I know the feeling... everything seems like highway robbery to me these days!!  WHY IS IT THIS WAY I wonder!!  
Hugs,
Lisa