Saturday, January 1, 2005

Welcome, 2005...

First and foremost, Happy New Year to all of you in J-Land.  I do hope that 2005 bring everyone happiness, health and plenty of joy.  May you get all you deserve and wish for in this new year...

Yesterday we took down almost every bit of our Christmas decorations.  The Hubby still has to take down his Department 56 Snow Village, but that will have to wait until he has the time.  He goes back to work this evening... WOO HOO.  After 5 days home, its about time (haha...).  We also cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more.  Now our house looks bigger than we remember it being and a whole lot less cluttered.  Its funny how Christmas decorations can do that.

We had a really great night last night.  My family (mom, dad, bro and his gf) came over for a wonderful dinner made mostly by the Hubby.  We enjoyed a yummy bean dip and artichoke dip before our dinner of pot roast, mashed potatos, and veggies.

Everyone seemed to fill up :D

After dinner we played a really fun game, "Seen It".  The Hubby and I were almost going to win, but nope, the Brother and his GF beat us to it... Lol.  Oh well.  It was fun and gave us plenty of laughs.

Everyone left around 945pm.  We were all tired... And didn't think either I or Rowan would make it to mid-night.  Haha.  But that all changed when we heard this big crash.

We didn't know if it came from inside the house or outside, so of course, Hubby slipped into Cop-Mode.  After checking the inside of the house, he made his way to the back yard where he found a busted alcohol bottle.  Yep, someone threw a bottle into our back yard where it shattered into a million little pieces.  ::Thanks Jerks::

We didn't know if it was just random or that someone could have been doing it because he is a cop (he has a take home car in our garage that people can see)... So, we decided to call the Sheriff's Department and have them come out.  We knew there wasn't anything they could do, but we wanted them to know it happened and possiblypatrol the neighborhood a little more that night.

So, thankfully the bottle didn't do any damage to our house (ie broken windows), but it did give us some extra umph and we were all awake when the ball dropped at mid-night... Happy New Year!!

Tonight I'm making dinner for my Mom's birthday.  Just something simple (a pasta dinner) plus a homemade birthday cake.  German Chocolate... her fave.  It will just be my mom, dad, bro and his gf... Plus Rowan and I.  Should be really nice. 

Happy Birthday Mommy... Love You!!

Well, I don't really think there is much else to say right now.  Its been pretty quiet.  Oh yes, today I start my 31st week of pregnancy.  Woo Hoo.  That means only 8 more weeks until Mr. Zachary will arrive.  That reminds me... Fixing up and cleaning bedrooms are on my list of things to do tomorrow.  Yippee. 

I hope everyone had a safe New Years Eve and enjoys their first day of 2005!

::Smiles and Hugs::

 

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, sweetie!!

Hugs,
Heather

P.s I am so glad those jerks didn't break a window or anything. Someone could have gotten hurt.

Anonymous said...

I hate punk kids that do the crap. I know you must have been scared as heck, I sure would have been. Well I am glad you stayed up to see the ball drop afterall lol, I did too ~ Heather

Anonymous said...

Hope that you have a wonderful year!
only 8 weeks left!?! wow..time has really flown!
I hope that you all have a good time tonight!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

my hubby goes back to work monday after 5 days off also...yeeehawww!! i am ready to have my days alone back! u are so spoiled...i wish my hubby would cook dinner for us...the extent he can do is make toast...oh and bacon but that he usually burns LOL i know for u your pregnacy probably has crawled by...but i cant beleive that u only have 8 more weeks left...thats amazing! my youngest was born a month early...just to fore warn u that things like that do happen! and he was born c-section also...

may u have a very happy and blessed new year...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years! Glad nobody was hurt from that bottle incident.  I'll bet you're getting super excited now that you've only got 8 weeks to go! Love your journal!

~*~Jenn~*~

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!  I finished taking all my decorations down today..lol  Glad the bottle didn't do any real damage....ugh.

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO...only 8 more weeks!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I am so happy for you girl, and I pray these weeks go wonderfullly for you..

Im sure that bottle DID scare you guys a bit..Thats one thing about having a cop as a hubby..It extra protection..but also a little more hatred from the strangers out there that don't like cops...Im so glad you had a great New Yeras with some YUMMY FOOD!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer!  I'm tired of reading all of the same old journals I always do and decided to expand my world a bit.  I thus came across yours!  It is really, really cute and very well presented and written well.  I enjoyed reading and read quite a few entries back to get to know your blog more...  thanks for sharing some of your California world with us!  I have some relatives there.  Miss Rowan sounds just like my little girl, Courtney Nicole, age 4.  I also have my darling freckle faced six year old Aaron who just started kindergarten this year and Nicholas, the smartest ten year old in the 4th grade in the whole state!! (I don't brag too much do I- LOL!?)  I'm over here on the opposite southern most coast about an hour inland, in Northeast Central Florida.  We live about an hour from Orlando and Disney/Universal Studios and all those world famous attractions.  We live in a small southern town called Sanford with some interesting history to it and I like it a lot.  We're from the north and this is a huge adventure moving to FL now going on our third year here!  Stop by my journal anytime.  Best wishes to you for a Happy New Year and a wonderful delivery with Zachary!!  
Lisa    
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/

Anonymous said...

Happy new year 2005 to you and the family!!

Happy Birthday to your mom too ;-)
German chocolate cake...yummy!!
I want to buy "scene it" too! That game looks like much fun!
Have a great sunday chica!
Hugs & misses,
~Angel