Sunday, January 9, 2005

~Late Night Prayers~

                 BlueFairy.bmp

Just a minute ago, I received a phone call from my dear husband.  I haven't heard from him all evening, which for him, isn't all that unusual, but a little out of the ordinary.

Well, as soon as I answered the phone he said, "Now, don't worry..."

Well, of course, if someone says that, you are bound to worry.  With his line of profession, the worst possible thoughts can come to mind... And with me saying that:

He goes on to say, "If you watch the news, about a Ceres (the town he works for) police officer being shot [OMG!!], I just want to let you know, it isn't me and I'm fine..."

All I can hear in the back of my head now is, "I'm fine..."

I don't know details... DH was busy and had to return to work... But I do know the gentleman that was shot and I'm not sure about his injury, but the Hubby said something about a leg wound...

Unfortunetly, they are still having to deal with this jerk who is locked up in his home, supposedly with an AK-47 and possibly holding people hostigage!!!

Please, if you will, keep my husband and the rest of the officers in the police department in your prayers... Especially the officer who was shot.  He has been on the force for a while now and has a family.

Thank you all... And I'll make sure that I update again in the morning when (hopefully) I have more details!

Thanks and Many Hugs...

Jennifer

Updated: It has been about 20 mins since I posted this and I just heard from my SIL (remember, all 3 brothers work for the same PD) and she just wanted to let me know that another officer has been shot.  He supposedly isn't doing well.  This officer has 2 young children (teens) and a lovely wife.  I don'tknow what else is going on... But needless to say, I'm very worried.  She also mentioned that they don't know where this guy is and that has me even more worried since my parents live in the town!!  Please keep everyone in your thoughts, it means a lot to me.  And again, I'll update tomorrow morning.

Update II: Well, it is over.  The a-hole that shot the two officers is dead.  All the other police officers are okay... On the outside that is.  It isn't looking good for the second police officer that was shot.  The hubby just called (1215am) and said he is holding up out there nicely, but he'll definetly need me when he gets home... And for me not to be suprised if he brings buddies home to do some drinking.  He told me he'd tell me more about it later... I'm guessing it isn't good news.  Please keep the two officers and their families in your prayers...

*tag provided by the Tag Lounge*

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers for the wounded officers for full recoveries.  Sending prayers for getting this guy before anyone else gets hurt, too.......

May God watch over them...
Cat

Anonymous said...

this is so awful...please keep us posted as to the health of the 2 policeman that were shot...so many losers out there...i guess he wont be shooting anyone anymore though...my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved...and to take care of u and that little unborn baby of yours...much love..

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Oh ((Jen!)) I'm sorry I didn't see this last night! I know you were very worried and probably beside yourself! I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers, especially your Dh,the injured officers and their families. I don't know how you do it being married to a cop, but you must very very proud of him(when your not scared out of your wits)!
Hugs & Blessings to everyone!!
~Angel

Anonymous said...

OMG!  How scary for you to receive that phone call and how scary for your husband to actually be living it!!  I will definately keep your hubby and his fellow officers in my thoughts all day today!
Hugs and lots of love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I come from a "cop family" so I understand the fear of those dreaded phone calls. I hope everyone is doing well and they are in my thoughts.

Denielle
http://journals.aol.com/deniden/thisisme

Anonymous said...

For those who read my daugther's journal, I have an update for you, two officers were shot, one has died. He leaves behind a wife and two children.

The suspect was shot and killed after confronting the officers. News reports make it sound like he committed suicide by cop, running out from behind the cover of bushes and started shotting.

Needless to say things in Jenn's world will be a little upside down for a while. Thank you all for the suport you give her and thank you for the prayers. My daughter and her husband are fine but as she has requested please keep all of police officers and their families in your prayers.

Thank you,
Jenn's Mom

Anonymous said...

Jenn's Mom, Thank-you.

(((((Pickle))))))

you know where to find me. i'm here for you anytime. Please be good to yourself and just take these days one step at a time. love and hug and squeeze your family with all your might and every chance you get. i wish i could be there in person but Know my thoughts and love are with you every minute.

my prayers are with all of you always, barbie~ ((((BIG HUGS & eyeball kisses))))

Anonymous said...

((((HUG))))))
So, close to home... I hate to finally get back online and find this happening to you and your friends...I pray they both will pull through and your hubby and friends will can deal with this situation ok..I can only imagine how scared you were thoguh...Im so glad it wasn't worse...

Jackie

Anonymous said...

they are all in my prayers...
hugs and love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

How scary that must have been for you!!!  I will keep all of you in my prayers!

LUv~heather

Anonymous said...

all of my family is in my thoughts and prayers
http://journals.aol.com/fuzslady/justme

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you ((((((hugs))))) ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

How awful! What a scary job profession...and even scarier to be the spouse of a police officer. I give you a ton of credit. Prayers to the wounded officers.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Elisa