Friday, January 14, 2005

~Quiet Friday~

                   realtears.jpg

I had a bunch of plans for today... But I have yet to even start on one thing.  I just now, at 3pm got out of the shower.  I know, I know, I'm slacking... haha.

I did manage to be up at 830am in time to take my car to the shop... where it still is, because they haven't called yet!!  Oh well.  Its not like I had a lot of plans today.  I was supposed to start cleaning bedrooms... Ro's room so we could have it ready in case my Hubby's friend was going to stay here and then Zachary's future room.  But yeah, that hasn't happened.

After we got home from dropping off my car, the Hubby went to do errands and I just ended up on the couch.  For some reason, I'm not feeling all that well.  I feel like I'm starting to catch a cold... Headache behind my sinus, tired and just feeling worn down.  The tired and worn down could be from being pregnant and all the stress that this family is going through... But having a sinus headache and a drippy nose could all point to a cold... Bummer.  I guess its a good thing that I'm sucking down the OJ huh?

Oh yes... My leg hurts today worse than it did yesterday... How is that possible?  Lol.  And thank you all for the pointers on how to get rid of Charlie Horse's!!

Last night was a good time.  Amy and her boyfriend Duck (remember, this is the name Ro gave him... and its kinda funny too because he is REALLY into Duck Hunting!!) came over and had pizza and just hung out!  Right after we watched "The O.C.", the Hubby got a phone call, asking him to come in and work.  Mind you, this is 9pm and they want him working until 7am, with no real prepared sleep behind it!  Luckily for Hubby, he had had a beer with dinner and told the Sgt. that... So, the Sgt. asked him if he'd feel comfortable coming in at 230am instead.  So, that is what the Hubby did.  He tried to get some sleep from 10ish to 130am and then was off to work at 230am until 7am.

When he got home this morning (with donuts!! woo hoo!!) he told me he had to be back at work around 12pm to work until 5pm.  They wanted extra coverage for the shooters funeral today and then for after their press conference at 2pm.  I'm not exactly sure what the press conference was going to be about... But I know it was important info... And when I find out, I'll be sure to let you all in on it.  All I know is that it might piss some people (possibly the shooters family and gang bangers) off... Thats all I know.

So, hopefully him working these few hours will go well and he'll be able to come home at 5pm and just relax... Because he sure in hell needs it.  With him not resting well and being stressed, it makes me all those things too :)  Thankfully I was able to squeeze in a nap this afternoon with Miss Ro.  Hehe.  I just wish he was able to nap...

The Hubby's friend comes in tomorrow afternoon.  Unfortunetly, I don't think the Hubby will be able to see him until Sunday.  Its great to see how happy he is to know his friend is coming in... We've all missed him.  Even Miss Ro has been asking about her "Uncle Joe"... lol.  She has soooo many Aunties and Uncles... She doesn't understand... haha.  Someday she'll look at me and ask that question, "why are they aunties and uncles when they aren't related?"... But to me, family is made up of blood or of love... and these people definetly have love for her (us)... So, thats why they are!

Well, I better run... I know once I start to get ready the car place will be calling to let me know my car is ready... Isn't that how it always happens??

::Hubby just called... he said the press conference was WILD!!  Guess I'll be catching the 5'clock news!!::

Have a great weekend ya'll...

::Many Hugs and Smiles::

*Tag provided by Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know your husband working these extra hours is probably a big help to u guys but i sure hope that he is careful...i actually think about your family! ever since i started reading your journal and feeling some sort of a bond then finding out your hubbys a cop i worried! i know its a wonderful job but its also a very hard and worrisome one...so i will continue to keep u all in my prayers for your safety...i agree with u about family...it doesnt always have to be about blood relatives...some friends are closer to us than blood members are...so your children are blessed to have so many that care and love them so...i hope u get plenty of rest and arent getting sick....be careful...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

I'm having one of those days.  I've just sat at the computer most of the morning, reading a few journals, lazily searching sites, listening to music.  The kids are playing in their rooms.  I just don't feel like getting up and doing anything. And I don't even have pregnancy to blame.  LOL  Just take it easy.  You've had a lot going on lately.  :(

Anonymous said...

dang...these alerts!
I didnt know you had posted...
I really hope that you get to feeling better soon!
..and that the weekend gets better for you!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

AOL alerts are really making me mad.  I didn't even know you had posted.  I will be adding you into my other journals section in the next couple days.  I didn't even realize you weren't in there...shame on you for not pointing that out to me..lol

I hope your hubby can get some rest soon.  He can only handle so much before he gets really worn down.  

Hope you all have fun with "Uncle Joe" :)

Luv~heather

Anonymous said...

Did anyone suggest eating bananas for your leg cramps? Seriously...they are caused by potassium difficiency. Eat a banana! :-)