Tuesday, January 11, 2005

~Rainy Tuesday~

                                             PinkHeart.jpg

Well, it is Tuesday and I'm back at work... Life must go on... No matter how much you hurt or worry, you still have to push on...

I want to thank you all for your comments and well wishes... It truly means a lot to know you all care...

Here is a link with the newest updates: Modesto Bee News

It hasn't been an easy few days... Sleep hasn't come easily and feeling happy has been a hard feeling to reach.

The Hubby is doing better... He is still touched by this, since he was the 4th person to arrive on scene... Plus, he has a lot of guilt, because that was his call.  The Sgt that was killed went to the call, because the Hubby was on another one... So, you can imagine how my husband feels.

But he is strong... and with the help of his family and friends, he'll move on and survive... I keep telling him he needs to talk to someone, besides me... An impartial person... I hope he takes my advice, but you know how them men can be... Strongwilled and all...

I ended up sleeping most of the night out on the couch last night.  I couldn't get comfortable and my mind was just racing... So, the couch seemed the best place to go.  Plus, it is always cooler out there and that helped a lot.  I went back to bed at 345am when the Hubby got up to go to work...

Needless to say, I'm pretty worn out.  Lol... Thank goodness I'm only working 3 days this week...

Oh yes, the count down on work is now 14 days... Woo Hoo.  That might change when I go to the doctor's next week, but hey, I can get excited about only having to work 14 more days....

Well, speaking of work, I have plenty to do and catch up on...I hope you all have a wonderful week and survive the crazy weather that is going on...

::Many Hugs and Smiles::

*tag provided by Tag Lounge*

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine the guilt that hubby must be feeling. I remember how Anthony felt when the other soldier took his place on the vehicle and then ended up dying on that mission. Anthony suffered great sadness and grief. Encourage him to talk to someone, he doesn't need to have it constantly weighing on his mind.
I hope that you have a good day at work!
hugs and love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what your hubby must be feeling right now. Thank God he was not injured or worse. I'm sure the guilt is weighing pretty heavily right now, but it was God's that he was not put in the line of fire. Do they offer counseling through his dept. when things such as this happen? Isn't it like, mandatory or something...?  I have no clue that's why I'm asking.
Have a good day at work ((Jennifer))
Keeping everyone in my prayers.
Hugs,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Its so wonderful to see how upbeat you are about how strong your hubby is..Its good to know you are such a comfort to help him through this..And Im sure he loves you that much more for it!! 14 more dyas!! WOOOPPPEEEE!!!!! I remember counting down when I worked during my first pregnancy..LOL..Those last couple of weeks drug by, but hopefully itll fly for you!! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

..it was on my local news last night. :::sigh::: : (

God Bless, barbie~

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your husband will deal with survivor's guilt for awhile.  You're right though, he should talk to someone other than family and the ones who were involved.  

14 more days...WooHoo!!!  Hang in there girlie.  I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers :)

Luv~heather