Sunday, January 16, 2005

~La De Da~

              lilgirlbutterfly.jpg

Hmm, my life must have gotten really boring or busy in the last day or so to not have done an entry yesterday... But now that I think about it... It was really neither.  I just didn't make it to the computer.

Yep, thats right.  I didn't do much yesterday... lol.  I basically cleaned some house and then retired early to the couch.  And when I mean early, I mean I had actually fallen asleep at 630pm on the couch... Before I even had had dinner!  Can you believe that?

I'm getting to that stage where I'm not comfortable anymore in bed.  I can't find a position to lay in with out getting cramps in my hips, legs or back.  Plus, I seem to get extremely hot... Really fast!  Last night, I used just the sheet... And then I even ended up out the couch... for the 3rd night in a row.  LOL.

If I'm not careful, my husband is going to get too used to me sleeping out there... Haha.  I don't know what it is about sleeping on the couch... I mean, I still get the pain in my hip and what not, but it seems that sleep finds me easier out there.  Maybe because it is cooler.  Who knows?  Oh well.  If I gotta sleep out on the couch a few nights a week, I guess it isn't too bad.  I know of some women that actually have to sleep in recliners in the last few weeks of pregnancy... At least I'm not to that point yet.

The Hubby's friend is finally here.  He couldn't be happier either.  I have yet to see him... But they went to do some visiting this afternoon and he'll be over later to hang out.  As long as having his friend around brings him into better spirits, thats all I can ask!  The Hubby is having to do so much lately, that it is just wearing him down... and out... He has been sleeping really good the last few nights, so that is good... But he is still tired.  I think a lot of it is mentally being tired, but being mentally tired makes you physically tired too...

Tomorrow is the viewing for friends and family off the fallen officer.  I'm not planning on attending that.  I have a doctors appt. and Miss Rowan has gym... But the Hubby will be there.  He also has a pall-bearer (sp?) meeting at 2pm tomorrow and then work.  Because the fallen officer was on the SWAT team, the family has asked that the SWAT members be the pall-bearers.  Surely, it won't be easy on them.

I also found out yesterday that all the wives of the other police officers are being asked to meet at the PD the morning of the funeral and will be riding in the funeral procession.  We'll either be riding in patrol cars or a bus... I've heard both rumors of transportation, just don't know which will actually happen.  I guess the wife of the fallen officer has also asked that all the wives of the police officers attending the funeral, be seated behind her and her family during the funeral.  Very touching.  I guess some of the wives (including the widow) were worried that the wives of the police officers from the PD will be forgotten and pushed aside by all the other agencies attending the funeral.  So, it will be nice to have the support system there at the funeral.

I guess I should be prepared for a very long and emotional day... Thank goodness I'll have my sister-in-laws, some other wives and my father for support... Because the Hubby will have other things to deal with, I don't think I'll be seeing much of him on Tuesday.

And yes, my father will be attending the funeral... ::Thanks Dad::  He is going to support our 'family' and be in attendence for his agency too...  He'll actually be in the funeral procession too.  But mind you, there are going to be somewhere around 3000 cops (expected!)... Wow... It will surely be a day!

Anywho... Enough sad stuff...

What about these darn AOL alerts????  UGH.  So very annoying.  The last few days, I've actually gone to each and every journal that I have on my 'Favorites' and checked them because I know I'm not getting the alerts... So, if I've missed you, I'm sorry... And hopefully, by tomorrow, I'll be caught up!!

Isn't the graphic for this entry too cute?  Thanks to the *Tag Lounge* for providing me with it... When I saw it, it so reminded me of my Miss Rowan.  Who by the way, will be 3 years old a week from today!!  Woo Hoo.  My baby is growing up!  Hopefully, if things all go okay, we'll be able to have her party on Saturday... But you never know.  The Hubby is SUPPOSED to be off of work, but with them being short officers, he might have to work and that will mean that I have to cancel her party.  Because there is no way that I'm going to have a party for a Princess with out the "King" there... lol.  So, with crossed fingers, we'll be having a party on Saturday...

Well, the Hubby and his friend should be home soon.  I have to finish sweeping the floor and straightening up because I know there will be some people over tonight... Yippee.  As long as they keep it quiet after 10pm, I don't care... But don't keep the pregnant woman up!  LoL.

Have a great Sunday evening ya'll.  I'll make sure I catch up tomorrow at work with all the journals...

::Many Hugs and Smiles::

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong for the funeral.....I didnt know what to expect when I attended Bubba's funeral...it was very nerve wracking, and with your emotions being outta whack b/c of your pregnancy, I am sure it will be even harder for you. I am so happy that your hubby's buddy is there now to help lift his spirits, it's important!
hugs and love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Pickle~

reguardless of all that you are going through i hear a spring in your step. the "hots" are the worst but, oooooo not much longer, YAY!

my heart, my faith, my love and devotion will be with you and all on tues. Amen.

be good to you. i love you, barbie~
ps, i thought the graphic Was Miss Rowan hehehe.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it will be quite an emotional day for you....BUT, the gesture of having all the wives behind her is an awesome thing for the wife..To remember that there are women behind the uniforms...too cool..:)

And only a week and she'll be 3?..WOW...Thats too awesome..and BOY are the days counting down for Zachary...Ikm getting excited for you! ;)

((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

I saw that graphic and immediately thought of Rowan too!  Isn't that funny?!  I know that now is a tough part of the pregnancy, the trying to get comfortable, the extra pain in the back, hips, legs, etc.  But, in a few weeks all the pain will be worth it when you hold little Zachy Wacky in your arms!  I am sure the funeral and viewing will be so emotional to go through and I will send extra hugs your way to get through it (and hubby too of course!).  I think that's great that the wife of the fallen officer wanted to be sure to include all the wives of officers in the funeral.  Even in grief she remembered that.  She must truly be a special person.  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

The graphic is adorable ;-)
I never slept in a recliner, but i sure do remember how uncomfortable it became to lie down...let alone sleep. I feel for you :(  
It's sure to be an emotional week for everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
HUgs,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Sounds like there will be a TON of people at the fallen officers funeral.  That's so awesome that they included all of the wives in this too.  

I remember not being able to sleep when I got to the end of my pregnancy...UGH...I feel for ya.  Not too much longer though :)  Ya better get moving on those rooms.  Maybe I need to do a little reminder in my journal updates for you.  Remind you of how many days you have to get the room done.  Kinda like you did for Christmas...lol  

That is a VERY cute tag.  The tag lounge sends out some really awesome things.  Hope you had a good night :)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute tag!  I really am beginning to get a better idea of what it is like to be married to a police officer.  I don't know how you do it!!  I'd be worried sick all the time... oh and yes I remember those last few months of pregnancy were a killer for sleep!  It was hard to get comfortable and I woke up to pee all the time--LOL!
Hugs,
Lisa In Florida