Friday, January 7, 2005

~Lazy Day Friday~

                          anibutterfliesingarden.gif

I would love to have a beautiful "English" garden like this... Where butterflies would come to visit and I could just sit out and enjoy the nice sunshine.  Maybe someday... When I have the time, money and space... Lol.

Today has been a very lazy Friday.  We didn't get out of bed until almost 10am and then just proceeded to make breakfast... I guess we slept in so late because we were up to 11pm last night.  I had taken a nap yesterday afternoon, so it was pretty late before I became tired.

I also watched "A Separate Hope" (I think that is what it was called...) on Primetime last night.  It was about those two little girls born connected at the chest earlier last year (Feb 2004) and the operation they went through to separate them.  It was very touching and the family seems lovely... In the end, the girls were separated, but one of the girls now has problems moving her legs... She'll need assistants walking for the rest of her life, unless somehow the cells in her spine regenerate or stem cell research comes along to help.  Beautiful little babies though... Jade and Erin... And boy does watching a program like that make you stop and think how lucky you are to have a healthy child or children.

Oh yes, I DVR'd "Medium" last night because there were other shows I wanted to watch... Plus, I really like to be able to fast-foward through the stupid commercials.  Well, this afternoon, I went to play it, and it was the same episode from Monday night!!!  The synopsis of the show for last night said it was something totally new... Even the previews showed new!!  So, I don't know what happened, but I was very dissappointed this afternoon.  So Lisa, I'm just in the same boat as you... Didn't get to watch it.  And yes, I wish it were on at 9pm also!!

Anywho...

We were supposed to go to Target today and do some shopping.  Well, after breakfast, the Hubby said he had to do something for a few minutes and then he'd be cleaning the kitchen and we'd get ready to go.  Well, he snuck into his game room and started playing Halo2 Live with his brother... And a few minutes turned into 30mins... And 30mins turned into 2 hours!!!  WTH?  What is it with "BOYS" and their stupid video games??

Needless to say, I was a little ticked that he was spending so much time on his stupid video game (the one that I'm thinking of hiding!!) that I just decided I wasn't going anywhere.  I had even done my hair and makeup... But just ended up putting on my lounge clothes and climbing back onto the couch. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like going... Who knows... If the weather tomorrow is anything like it is today, I'm sure I won't be going anywhere... But you never know.

::poopy mood alert over here::

It is just Rowan and I tonight.  OT called again for the Hubby and he took it up.  I guess we won't be spending a whole lot of time with him before he leaves for school on Monday.  Whatever... I guess sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do.  So, we'll be making homemade pizza's again and probably watching a few movies or so.  "Third Watch" is back on tonight, so I'm definetly going to be catching that.

Oh yes.  Last night, I introduced Rowan to Ice Cream Sundaes... Oh yea baby!!  And let me tell you, she truly enjoyed them.  Lol.  Hot fudge, carmel and whipped cream... Hehe.  You know we'll be making more tonight too if she has anything to do with it.  Okay, Okay, I'll be wanting them too... haha.  We can make it a girls night!! 

::Woo Hoo::

Well, I'm going to go settle back onto the couch and read some of my book... Yes, another Anne Rice.  Gotta love that gal.  She has some awesome books...  Rowan is busy watching a movie, so I'm going to take this time and read.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...

::HUGS and SMILES::

 

*tag provided by Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah my husband likes to play video games to.....I dont say anything because I spend time on the computer also:-)....I look at it as his down time....How are you feeling...I'm sure your mood has to do with being in the last part of pregancy and taking care of the little one...Bless your heart little one it will get better.....One day you will be sitting on the porch with your husband and both kids will be off to college and you will be talking about these years fondly

Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

I know boyfriend doesn't compare to husband, but I'm in the same shoes as you. We are always supposed to go do something, I loose sight of him for one second and he's back in the bedroom playing Halo 2. Like you said 30 minutes turns into all night. It's pathetic. Believe me, hiding it will do no good. He'll just go buy it again!
  ~*JoSiE*~

Anonymous said...

I read like crazy, an hour and a half each night, but for some reason I could never get into Anne Rice's books.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's just because I love historical romance books and find her books a little to "odd".  By the way, I absolutely LOVE your graphic!  It's gorgeous!!  I think you should take the cord for the Xbox, the one that connects to the t.v. and hide it somewhere.  Then blame it on Rowan and tell hubby you have no clue where she put it (but keep a straight face while doing so).  Just for a few days though, you don't want him to go into total withdrawal!  Ugghhhh Men!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I don't read Anne Rice anymore, but when I got my new HUGE bookshelf, I was thrilled to actually pull out some of my Rice hardcover editions and put them on a proper shelf.  And I love the garden idea... this summer, we're going to do more landscaping in the backyard.. I want a lot of plants and to put out feeders for butterflies and birds.  Our own Eden.  Ahhh...  :D

Anonymous said...

You're entitled to lazy days...you're pregnant!!!  Be lazy all yo uwant!!  lol

Sorry hubby won't be bale to spend much time with you guys :(  

I wanna come to your house for ice cream sundae's....YUMMY!!  Have one for me :)

Luv~Heather