Wednesday, January 12, 2005

~Wednesday, January 12th~

                                        purpcandle.gif

Well, today is the Candle Light Vigil for the fallen officer... It should be really nice and extremely packed.  It is actually being held at the local high school, out on the football field.  I know it will be very emotional, but it is just something I have to do...

But now, because there are reports that the gunman was a gang banger (excuse the phrase) and there have been threats towards the police and their families, the husbands are thinking that it isn't the best thing for us to be going... How sad is that?  And get this... The place where the shooting happened, has now been tagged up and down with gang related things, stuff about the cops (187 PIGS) and "Andy (the shooter) went out like a hero"... Crap, crap, and more crap... Let me tell you!!

Hopefully, with the fact that this place will be swarmed with cops, these stupid people will get the bright idea that it wouldn't be too smart to try to do something.  And I really want to go and pay my respects, be a part of something... But if we can't do that this evening at the vigil, there will be time to do that at the funeral on Tuesday.

Anywho... Enough sad stuff...

On a simi-brighter note... The Hubby was able to get ahold of his friend that used to be on the force with them all last night... He is now over in Germany, serving for the US Army.  Well, needless to say, he was very heart broken about hearing about his friends, and is now coming home for the services!!  He is flying in late Saturday night and will be here with us until the 21st.  So, that is something happy for the Hubby.  He really took to this guy, almost like a brother, so hopefully this helps his mood.

I actually got some pretty good sleep last night.  Nothing that I really wanted or needed, but it was better than nothing.  And!  I didn't have to sleep on the couch ;D  That is the best part... Lol.  But now, I'm suffering from really bad back pain... I just want to go climb into a hot bath and make it feel all better...

Well, I know this has been short, but I've got plenty to do... I'll make sure I let you all know what is going on with the vigil and the other officer... Who, by the way, is doing much, much better...

Hope you all have a great Wednesday...

::Hugs::

FallenOfficer.bmp ~Many thanks to Barbie~

*tag from Tag Lounge*

 

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

To Show My Respect:

http://journals.aol.com/barbaramck/ATicketToRide/entries/1229

God Bless, barbie~

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like the gunman was a "gang banger"  That's really too bad.  It makes you wonder how people can be proud of their actions when they act like that.  

That's nice that the man from Germany will be able to make it to the services.  I hope it does your hubby good to be able to see him and hang out with him for awhile.

Glad you got some sleep atleast :)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}
thoughts and prayers,

Danielle

Anonymous said...

I will keep it all in my thoughts and prayers...I am very glad that the friend is able to fly in....this will help your hubby greatly.
hugs and love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

How sad that people can't even go to a candlelight vigil for this wonderful man without the threat of violence happening.  Sometimes it's just a sick world we live in.  Give your hubby an extra hug from me and please just try and take it easy.  That back pain will be gone in a short while when little Zacky Whacky is born!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

jennifer my local news ran a story about the shooting last night on the eleven oclock news. they showed video from the shooting, and showed a picture of the fallen officer. i have been holding you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers!!! take care!!! gina

Anonymous said...

Many prayers and blessings go out to everyone! I have posted my candle in my journal as well. God Bless each and everyone of you!
Hugs,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

my thoughts and prayers to everyone involved...and to u also...please be careful and get plenty of rest...i dont want u getting sick over this...much love..

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for all those touched by this. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/ALittleBitOfHeaven

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your husband and the extended family out there.
Tory

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about the fallen officer.  I will keep the family in my prayers.  Lisa In Florida
 

Anonymous said...

I came by way of Barbie, and I want to offer my condolences for the fallen officer.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

Anonymous said...

I found you through Barb. I just wanted to send out some prayers. ~Ann

Anonymous said...

I hope the services are beautiful and peaceful..It sucks that fools have to be trying to ruin the service by making your men worry like that...They need to get live, you know?..Have SOME respect...

Im SO glad to hear your hubby will have a "play buddy" around for a while..Im SURE this will help his mood and to tkae his mind off os it some..And they can watch the new big screen too!!! LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

Prayers and thoughts are with all.

Anonymous said...

What a horrible thing that happened. You and all that were close to these fallen officers are in my heart and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

What sadness.  My prayers for the family.  :(

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and friends.