Tuesday, January 4, 2005

~Doctors Update~

Baby_blocks.gif

Well, my doctors appointment went well this afternoon.  I didn't pay attention to how much weight I've gained, but I know I did.  I don't except not to... So, hey, its all good.

My blood pressure was good.  Something around 130/60 or so.  So, it was much better than last time.  Lol.  Or at least it wasn't so high that they wanted to do it again...  I was pretty happy about that.

The doctor measured me and everything.  I'm measuring around 32 weeks, which is just about right on since I'm in the middle of my 31st.  I was happy to hear that I'm not as big as I think I am.  Haha.  But I still won't be suprised if I balloon out again like I did with Rowan with all the extra amniotic fluid.

Zachary's heart beat was around 130... The first time the doctor found it.  Yep, thats what I said.  The doctor found his heartbeat, listened to it, and then all of the sudden he lost it.  It took him another minute (or so) to find it again!  Scared the crap out of me... Especially when he asked again, "The Baby was moving around good today?"

Yeah, pretty much freaked me out.  He was moving all day.  I've felt him since too.  But hey, when he couldn't find the heartbeat, it was the worst minute... I had all the worst possible thoughts running through my head.  He told me that Zachary could have been positioned in a way that wasn't good to hear or moving around... Mind you, I don't feel him moving all that much when I'm on my back, its better on my side or sitting... So, I couldn't really tell you if he was or not.  But as long as he found the heartbeat and I'm feeling him now... I'm not going to stress.

The doctor also told me that he'd be looking to schedule the C-Section date sometime in the next week or so... Woo Hoo.  So, hopefully by next week, I'll have someone give me a call and tell me what day my little man will be coming.  It will be nice to know too.  Especially for the Hubby's sake... With another officer taking time off of work for their baby, knowing the date will help cover Hubby's shift.

Well, its a pretty quiet night tonight.  Rowan and I are home alone... Just basically relaxing.  I even took a Kitty-Cat Nap on the couch for about 45mins while Rowan watch "Pooh".  It felt good... lol.

Dinner is over and done with... Now I'm going to go enjoy a Rasberry turnover that just came out of the oven about 20mins ago... Yum Yum.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening...

::Many Hugs::

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that all was well at the Dr's office!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great doctors visit!! Woo-hoo its getting close!!

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went good at the Dr. ...enjoy the turnover..hehe  ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

so glad that the dr appt went so well...and dont worry about him not finding the heart beat...the little guy was just squirming and trying to hide! if u are feeling move around a bunch then thats good...its when u dont feel them that u need to let the doc know...i am an expert (unofrtunately) on that subject...it sounds like u had the perfect evening with just u and jordan...u need to get as much rest as u can...much love..

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

I am getting so excited for you.  Thats great that you had a good doc's visit.
(((hugs)))
Leigh

Anonymous said...

YUM>..Im into the strwwberry morning streudals right now..LOL..I had 4 yesterday morning!! HA Im glad to hear everything went smooth at the docs. Im sure the biggest fears came up in your head, but of course, the baby was just positioned wrong..It took them FOREVER to get mine last time and lost it after oh....5 seconds..LOL..(((HUGS)))

Have a greaT QUIET NIGHT!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer! it's Angel(ALilCountryCharm ;-)  I'm on my other s/n. I sent you a linkie to my private journal on this name.

OMGoodness! I didn't realize your due date was coming so quickly. I'm soooo far behind in my journaling! For very good reason though.I'll be making an entry soon in my other j.

;-)  I'm getting so very excited for you all! Don't worry to much about what the doctor said. He probably asked because Zach was turning over or something. Happened to me alot.
I had c-secs with all 3 of mine. Jared was an emergency and the other 2 were scheduled. Made it sooo much easier with joey being an otr and everything.
When do you get to go maturnity leave? Have you hit the nesting period yet when you start cleaning everything you can get your hands on?! lol

Hugs & Blessings to you all!
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Great news on the doc appointment!!  And, that is so cool that you can basically schedule your time to have Zachary because you are getting a c-section (not that they are easy at all!).  I wish I was able to do that!  Would have helped in all the false alarm visits to the docs office.  Hope you enjoyed your dessert!  Sounds yummy!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good baby update...I always dreaded the heartbeat part of the visit, my eldest used to play tricks on the Docs, so much so I spent the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy having non-stress tests done twice a week, and she still wouldn't move for them, and I remember them using this thing to jolt her!  I hated it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The time is getting close, eh? These last couple weeks must be so nerve wracking! Yikes! Take it easy and put those feet up when you can. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your appointment went well.  When the DR"s trying to find the heartbeat is when the little boogers decide to hide and scare the crap out of you.  They used to do stress tests on me when I was pg and that's when Casey would decide to stop moving.  They had to zap my belly many times to get her to move..lol

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad the appointment went well.....wow, so close!  :-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl