Monday, January 10, 2005

~Somber Moment~

  Glittereye.bmp

I thought I'd take a moment and thank each and every one of you who are giving your support, thoughts and prayers to what we are having to deal with...

The Hubby is down at the hospital now with a few of his friends, visiting the surviving officer that was shot.  He made it through his surgery and is in the ICU.  It suprises me that he is able to have visitors, so I'm guessing he is doing well off... That makes this event a little happier.

I guess the hospital realizes what these guys are going through and is allowing them to come say hello and give their respects... A nice gesture if I do say so.

It is pretty quiet around the house... Except for the occasional phone call from people, wanting to check in and see how we are doing and get the scoop.  Everyone has been really supportive...

Including all of you in J-Land... So, again, thank you...

Right now, I'm going to go try to get Little Miss to take a nap.  She hasn't had much sleep, due to the fact that we haven't had much either... And if we even think about taking her to gym tonight, she is going to need a real doozie of a nap :D

So, once again, I thank you all for your support and for caring...

::many hugs::

*tag provided by Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the other officer came through surgery well. I will continue to keep everyone in my prayers.
hugs and love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your husband had to go through that.  I am so sorry about the officer that got killed, and the other one that was shot.  My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.  I send hugs and love.
(((((hugs)))))
Leigh

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the one officer is doing okay.  Atleast he's living.  I'll continue to pray for all of you!!

Luv~heather

Anonymous said...

I am glad the other officer is doing okay.  My thoughts are with the family and with your family as well,

jennifer

Anonymous said...

Again, I'm so sorry...my thoughts are with the families.... :-(

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl


Anonymous said...

my continued thoughts and prayers go out to all of u during this terrible ordeal..

linda

Anonymous said...

Boy, when it rains, it pours.  I am thinking about all of you out there.  Keep well.
Tory

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to the officer's family and department.  I hope the second officer makes a full recovery.
I hope you're okay, I'm sure it's terrifying to go through this.  My brothers girlfriend (soon to be fiance!) is also an officer.  He worries every time she leaves for work.  She's had one close call where her partner ended up killing the suspect and my brother hasn't been the same since.  I have a deep respect for not only your husband, but also for you...the one who stays strong and provides your husbands 'emotional back up'.  

Take care of yourself and take it easy doll. (beautiful Tag)
xoxo~Bernadette
http://journals.aol.com/quartrlyfecrysis/ConfessionsbyQuartrLyfeCrysis

PS...I don't know if you or hubby has seen the Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in DC (dedicated to fallen officers)....we went and took some photos a few months ago...
http://journals.aol.com/quartrlyfecrysis/ConfessionsbyQuartrLyfeCrysis/entries/582