Tuesday, January 25, 2005

~Tuesday Ramblings~

                         babywithflowers.jpg

Well, its a beautifully foggy morning here in Central Valley, California.  We seriously haven't seen the sun in days now.  Even when the fog breaks (if you want to call it that) there is this low lying cloud cover and mist every where.  They say that we are supposed to get some rain tomorrow... So, if we do, we should see the sun sometime after that... lol.  Its funny how a dreary day can make for a dreary mood...

Yesterday was a good day though.  I was able to leave work at 2pm instead of my normal 330pm and head home and spend some time with my Hubby and Princess Rowan.  I came home to find that they had just woken up from a THREE hour nap!!!  Lucky bums... The hubby was just starting to work on the baby's room too, so I decided to pitch in and help clean out the dressers and closet of clothes.  I was sooo suprised to find all the clothes that we still had for Rowan in the dressers and closet.  Some of the outfits hadn't even been worn at all!  Tags still on them and everything...

And on then on the other hand, there were outfits that were so worn out and had actually turned yellow... Yuck.  I was so upset... Some of the outfits that turned yellow were actually ones that ment something and then there were ones that could have been used for Zach too (because we didn't find out until I was 8mons along with Rowan, people bought us neutral stuff)... Just a bummer deal to have to throw some stuff away...

I was pleasantly suprised to find some new crib sheets and bassinet sheets in one of the drawers of the dressers.  I had totally forgotten about them... So, that is another thing that I won't have to be buying.  Woo Hoo.

The room still has some more work to be done on it... Like the carpets cleaned and then some new paint (we have flat paint... and that just won't do!)... but because he won't be going to his room right away, we actually have a little bit of extra time.  I just want to be able to get the clothes in the drawers and closet and put all the extras in there too.  It will get done...

Yesterday evening was Rowan's gymnastics class.  Her Daddy got to go for the first time in a long time and for the first time for this class... Let me just say, he was very impressed!  Its been a while since he has seen her "do her thing" and he was amazed at how strong she is... I don't know why, because she is a monkey at home... lol.  Rowan also impressed me with the way she is learning to take her turn and sit still and listen to instructions.  For her to sit in one place and pay attention, that takes a lot for a 3 year old... ya know?  Plus, sometimes, like most 3 year olds, she is a "Monkey-Seer, Monkey-Doer"... lol... but this time, when the other two wild girls in her class were acting up, she was sitting on her mat, patiently waiting her turn!!  I was soooo proud of her!  And get this... She has seriously almost mastered (okay, as much as a 3 yr old can) a cart-wheel!  She almost did it all by herself... Both her Daddy and I were very happy to see that... She was working hard!  And her coach is very impressed with her and her strength.

::proud Mommy over here::

After gymnastics, we went to Target to pick up some things.  I truly can't remember the last time we went to Target and didn't buy anything... Well, it happened last night.  The Hubby was looking for coin wrappers (to wrap coin) and I was looking for a stroller.  Well, they either don't carry coin wrappers or just didn't have any, so that was out.  Then when I looked at the strollers, I found one that I really liked, and would have bought, but they didn't have them!  Ugh.  I hate that.  So, we actually walked out of the store with out buying anything! OMG!!  We were very amazed...

I guess I'll be off to Babies-R-Us this weekend to purchase a stroller then.  Oh well... Target lost out on that $180... But hey, I did make a Baby Gift Registry there, so what people that ask me what I need/want go there, they'll get that business.  Yes, I made a registry...lol.  Too many people were asking me what I needed/wanted... So that should make it a little bit easier for people... And me!

Well, I have to run... I've been putting working off for a while now... lol.  I hope you all have a wonderful wonderful Tuesday!!

::Many Hugs::

*tag from Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got done shopping online for a baby gift, she's registered with Baby Depot.  They will deliver the stuff in 7 days, so I escaped shopping once again!

Anonymous said...

I just loving reading about your days!  Hope little Princess Why had a wonderful bday..My little Princess is 13 now and has a serious attitude problem..lol...what I wouldnt give for those loving years back....My Austin (who is 9) still thinks I'm cool tho...lol...anyway keep writing...I enjoy reading!

a link to mine....http://journals.aol.com/happysunshien/GreenOlivesPickleJuice/entries/142/

Anonymous said...

I love the baby graphic ;-)  You will definately have to snap a photo of Miss Rowan doing a cartwheel! lol  They are so daring at that age!
Hugs & Blessings,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are still a busy bee! I hope that you get the stroller that you are wanting at the babies r us!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I love it when I find things that I have forgotten about..LOL  We have flat paint to and it's the absolute worst.  It's like the cheapest crap the builders can get I think.  

I'm glad Rowan is doing good in her new class.  SOunds like she's learning a lot :)

You went to Target and didn't buy anything!!!  Ohhhh I wish I had your strength..lol

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got to leave early today and enjoy a wonderful day with the family!! And walking out of a Target without buying something IS a impressive thing! I couldn't have done it..LOL

Anonymous said...

I would suggest getting Zachary's room painted BEFORE he comes because even though he won't be going in there right away, you won't have the time or the energy to do it after he is born!  LOL!  Sounds like Rowan is doing a great job in gymnastics!  I am proud of her too!!  Hope you find that stroller!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are getting everything together for the baby and that is going to make you feel so great!!  I am a wreck right now because we haven't painted one room in this house since we moved in back in Feb.  I have so many decoratin plans but life is moving too fast.  So busy with three children ... if I could just have like about 3 weeks to get off the roller coaster and get some of these things done.  I want to border and stuff in some rooms and stencil in Courtney Nicole's room, do a lighthouse theme in the kids bathroom, etc...sorry you didn't find the stroller you wanted!!  Hope you find that as I have been using mine right up to last yearl... we'd go to Universal Studios and in she'd go.  Her little legs were just too tired to walk around all day so I was glad I kept the little lightweight one we had.  
Hugs,
Lisa