Tuesday, January 4, 2005

~One of Them Days~

                          PigletandEeore.jpg

It's one of them days today.  I have the uncontrolable feeling of wanting to go home, climb into bed and pull the covers over my head.  I'm not really in a bad mood or a dark mood (as my mom would call it), but it is a day that I rather just be in bed.

I'm also having those nesting feelings.  Like I don't have enough time to get everything done that I need to get done before the baby comes.  I feel like my house is a complete reck, even though it isn't, and that I need to get started, and NOW!  I seriously feel like my time at work is a waste of good time.  I know it isn't, because it brings home a paycheck, but I feel like I could be doing something different, more productive.  I also feel like I should be spending more time with Rowan.  So, me being at work the last few days has been hard...

I'm trying not to let this bother me.  But it is.  Maybe its because I'm more emotional then ever now, in the middle of my 31st week of pregnancy, but who knows.  So, I'm going to put a smile on my face and push myself through these last 18 days.  Just wish me luck :)

Anywho... Enough of my mumbling and grumbling...

Last night was Miss Rowan's first "Big Girl Class" at gymnastics.  At first she was kinda hesitant to go out onto the floor with out me, but she saw the other 'big girls' going out there, and she followed right behind them.  I was pleased to find that they did do the dances/stretches that she did in her other class.  I think this warmed her up to the whole new class idea, something familiar to her.  She did have a hard time with the structure of the class.  Having to wait her turn in a line and follow a 'circuit' was a very new thing... In her Tot-class, they just ran from one station to another... They did take turns, but nothing like this.  But, after the coach (a girl younger than me!) reminded her a few times that she had to stay in line, she caught on.

Unfortunetly, she did have a melt down... And she was doing soooo good too.  After the coach took the kids to the water fountain to get a drink -all lined up like a train, with their hands on the kids shoulders infront of them- they went back out onto the floor to do some more stuff.  Well, she did the next excersise (on the bars!!) just fine then all of the sudden, she moved away from the group and was just sitting on the floor, staring at me through the window!  Her face alone could break a heart of stone.

All of the sudden, she just started to cry.  Not a lot... But she did.  I didn't react to her... No running out onto the floor to get her or anything... The coach seemed to handle it well.  She went over to Ro and tried to make her laugh and tickled her... It didn't work.  I could see her calling for me, yet I stayed put.  Finally, after Rowan started to really ball, the coach walked her over to the door and let her come see me. 

After finally calmed her down, by promising her a sucker after class and with a drink from the water fountain... She went back onto the floor to finish the class.  So, overall, it went well.  When I asked her if she had fun, she said she did.  And when I asked her if she wanted to go back next week, she very happily said "YEP!"  I think in time, she'll adjust and come to really enjoy the class....

So, today is the day that Amber Frey's book "Witness: For the Prosecution of Scott Peterson" comes out.  The Hubby has informed me that he is going and buying it today... I told him, "Okay".  Lol.  I'm really kinda curious what this book has to offer, what will be new from all the stuff we already know about.  I guess I'll be trying to read the book after he is finished... Key word trying, because I know I'll be busy after Zachary comes... lol.

Well, I do have to leave early today because of my doctors appointment.... So, I better be going.  I have payroll to finish and get my 2005 filing in order.  I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

::Many Hugs and Smiles::

*tags provided by tag lounge*

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOO!!!  please tell me you're not really going to let him spend money on this book!!  >sigh< what has this world come to that somebody actually paid this woman money to write a book?  Alas, I guess I am the only one who feels this way..... of course you'll have to let us know how the book is after he reads it ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Rowan did well with her new class. I am sure that in a few weeks that she will not even think about missing mommy because she will be having so much fun!
I hope that your appointment goes well this afternoon!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well for you at the docs today!  And, YIPPEE for Rowan and her first "big girl" gymnastics class.  She did a great job for someone her age!  That is one strong little girl you have and you should be very proud of her!  I don't think I am going to buy that Amber Frey book because I am sure they will have excerpts of it in my "rags" I get every week.  I am so bad I know, but I love them!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a normal first BIG GIRL class..LOL..And it seemed like the teacher was trying to make it easy on her..Thats great! And boy...I had nesting syndrome BAD with Ty....I would scrub something, and not having anything to scrub the next day, would scrub the SAME PLACE!! (of course making it logical by saying that dust collects every second..LOL) And there ISN'T enough time to do what your  mind is telling you needs to be done, you know?...SO much stuff, Im sure...:)

Take care and Ill be praying for your last 18 days at work...:::sigh:::

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Awww Pickle~

I'm sooo proud of the way you handled Ro in her big girl jumping bean class and soooo happy she said "yep!" <giggling>

You Can do it girl!! only 18 more days and not to sound stinky or anything but it's good for Rowan to know that there is many kinds of work to be done in this life. We may not like it but you're sending a very good example to her and the time you Do have together will be that much more presious.

...And...Well...I won't mention the name of the chick that book is about, but i do understand the fasination. Maybe it will give a little insite to what major hardcore drugs she had to have been taking, sheez!! It's my opinion she belongs in jail too!

Peace, Love, and Understanding, barbie~

Anonymous said...

well you did better than what I would have done, I would have ran in there to console her, :P.  All my daughter has to do is give me those eyes, and say please, I give in.  LOL.  Remember I told you how I got her out of the bed with me, well she's baaaaaaaack.  LoL.  Just can't resist those eyes. http://journals.aol.com/fuzslady/justme

Anonymous said...

Aww..I know it must be hard going to work everyday, counting down the days till lil' Zachary introduces himself to the world...with luck maybe these last 18 days will fly by =)   Sounds like Rowan did terrific at class...anyone would be a little scared at first, but the more she goes the more the will get use to it and more than likely grow to love it. My cousins were in gymnastics when they were 3 and 4yrs old....they absolutely loved it ..take lots of pics...aren't they just adorable out there on the floor..hope everything went well at the Dr's today....  ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... I would ran right in there after Rowan, has I been you. You are such a good mommy!!

Hmm nesting feelings?? Maybe little Zachary wants to be here early??

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad Rowan had a good time at her new class, despite the little breakdown.  Poor thing.  She will adjust though.

You'll have to let me know how that book is.  I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it or not.

Luv~Heather